Anyone Else's Male Clown Mean?

Reefer37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had a pair of ocellaris clowns together for about 10 months now and they love each other. Always doing the dance and hanging out with each other. Part of me thinks they're at least thinking about becoming a breeding pair, as they clean out this section of my tank regularly.

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone has had clowns where the male was the aggressive one?

Usually I always read it's the females or both, but my black/white ocellaris (the female and much bigger) is the sweetest thing. She doesn't bully any tank mates, actually tries to play with my blenny regularly, and has never had a issue with us being in the tank or cleaning. The male on the other hand, a snowflake mix of some sort, is super aggressive as soon as you stick your hand in. It's usually within 3 seconds and he's coming to nip. I'll never get rid of these two, if I can help it, just curious if that's a sign of mating or anything that could possibly curb that behavior as it makes it a pain do much in the tank.

PXL_20201206_203906124.MP.jpg

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just play with each other all day long, sometimes they nip and tail-whip each other but they seem to get along. They’ve been mated for 5 years. We call it clowning around :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back