Anyone familiar with “Art Reef Rocks”?

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to add rocks to my new Waterbox 320.7. I’ve used Caribsea in the past with other smaller tasks but I’ve been looking into a new brand called “Art Reef Rocks” due to the multiple design possibilities. Has anybody used this brand before and if so, what did you think about it? Have people heard anything good or bad?

Here is their website: https://www.artreefrocksusa.com/

Here’s some examples:
IMG_1472.jpeg

IMG_1473.jpeg

IMG_1474.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard of these but haven't tried any myself. I saw a video of another company at one of the Reef shows that had these interlocking joints in each of the rocks so you could add, rotate, etc. (kind of like Mechano)

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks cool but it easily reproducible with much cheaper marco rock. I guess if you don't want the hassle of building your own it would be a good option.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're pretty good. I did my tank with half real live rock, half Art Reef. I ended up disassembling the branching structure as I didn't really like the look, but there's nothing wrong with the rock.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to add rocks to my new Waterbox 320.7. I’ve used Caribsea in the past with other smaller tasks but I’ve been looking into a new brand called “Art Reef Rocks” due to the multiple design possibilities. Has anybody used this brand before and if so, what did you think about it? Have people heard anything good or bad?

Here’s some examples:
IMG_1472.jpeg

IMG_1473.jpeg

IMG_1474.jpeg
Pretty neat looking rocks

DIYReefGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else notice they look like the old diy portland cement & aragonite rocks from back in the day?

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks cool but it easily reproducible with much cheaper marco rock. I guess if you don't want the hassle of building your own it would be a good option.
Lol, if I had the time, skill, and building space to do it I would. I hand-built my 40g aquascape and I got no satisfaction from it. Ended up purchasing some extra pre-built pieces to add to the tank.

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're pretty good. I did my tank with half real live rock, half Art Reef. I ended up disassembling the branching structure as I didn't really like the look, but there's nothing wrong with the rock.
That’s essentially what I have going on right now. I have Caribsea pieces in the tank now but was wanting something a bit more expansive.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have them in my tank; pictures at the end of my build thread.

I like them, but they were broken when arrived and I had to do a bit of reconstruction. In hindsight, I should have called them. Instructions and painted parts were very spotty for mine. The picture above looks much better than what I received.

There are also other threads on the topic here on R2R.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, if I had the time, skill, and building space to do it I would. I hand-built my 40g aquascape and I got no satisfaction from it. Ended up purchasing some extra pre-built pieces to add to the tank.
Well in that case.......go for it :)

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them in my tank; pictures at the end of my build thread.

I like them, but they were broken when arrived and I had to do a bit of reconstruction. In hindsight, I should have called them. Instructions and painted parts were very spotty for mine. The picture above looks much better than what I received.

There are also other threads on the topic here on R2R.
That’s like shipping ALL rock, risky. I picked up the rock myself at WWC.

loki2467

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here’s some examples:
IMG_1472.jpeg

IMG_1473.jpeg

IMG_1474.jpeg
Honestly .. you cant go wrong!! they are beautiful and durable. love how you can move the leafs around to. makes finding the right place for coral easy. I personally love all mine

Rcs_12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used these for my first tank. They were awesome looking and super easy to put together. The caves they sell are super cool too The only problem I had with them was I had several broken pieces when the package arrived. The seller was more than happy to send new pieces and also said they were working on better packaging.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back