Anyone give me an Id ?

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this mini colony last week, starting color up. Just curious as to what it is , so I can put it in a good spot. Thanks as always

20180204_132550.jpg

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like some sort of acro.....i think? Its not a deep water acro so likely mod-high flow and light.

#reefsquad help me out here

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely an Acropora, not sure what species it is. I reccomrec placing it in a high light area with higher flow. Mini colonies can be tricky as they are usually maricultured and can be set in their ways regarding the lighting and flow they like. You may get a little browning as it adjusts to it's new home but if everything goes well it will start growing pretty quickly :) Mini colonies are also prone to having deteitus build up in between the branches so be sure to keep an eye on that and adjust flow as necessary.

My last mini-colony was stunted, as far as growth goes, for about 3 months and then it started taking off again. It was entirely bright green when I first got it but it's steadily changed to have a dark purple base around the base of the branches with bright green polyps and base color towards the tips.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back