Anyone got a PAR meter they would lend?

UnnamedReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My tank is a few months old, and in general my coral is doing well. I have two SmatFarm G5s on a 55 gallon, looking to get PAR readings so I can adjust and dial things in. I plan to do a PAR map under different intensities and spectrums to contribute to the SmatFarm G5 thread so others can benefit and not spend time creating specific PAR maps and such.

Does anyone have a PAR meter they would consider lending me? I am in the Auburn AL area. Happy to pay for shipping and anyone's time that would lend me one. I just don't see the point in buying one since I will only need it once to gather data. Thanks!

Shayne

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk reef supply has a way to purchase and return a par meter. Or find a local reef club or a local store. You won't find anyone that will lend there's out. To expensive.

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My tank is a few months old, and in general my coral is doing well. I have two SmatFarm G5s on a 55 gallon, looking to get PAR readings so I can adjust and dial things in. I plan to do a PAR map under different intensities and spectrums to contribute to the SmatFarm G5 thread so others can benefit and not spend time creating specific PAR maps and such.

Does anyone have a PAR meter they would consider lending me? I am in the Auburn AL area. Happy to pay for shipping and anyone's time that would lend me one. I just don't see the point in buying one since I will only need it once to gather data. Thanks!

Shayne
just use the photone app it is crazy accurate if you buy the $7 blue led, and use the proper paper for diffusion. i just bought a $6 water proof bag like this one
bag

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back