Anyone have a good way to dose cupramine for ich

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have live bacteria in a bottle a biocube29 for the qt bio sphere and sponges .
I can’t seed from my old tank because it is not disease free. you guys are currently part of a total restart button im hitting for my tank. I just finished up setting up a brand new 60g cube stocked with
2 fire fish
1 purple fire fish
1 white belly Wrasse
1 harptail blenny
1 electric maroon
1 cleaner shrimp
And various lps glued to the aquascape

Now around Christmas Eve I noticed what may have been white stringy poop Right there is when I started to research, since then I’ve decided to expand my commitment to this hobby and my livestock. simply put I don’t want to throw anymore money into something and just Hope that it’s not all going to go down the drain one day.

And as @brandon429 put it. I don’t want to wonder what’s going to happen. I want to command what happens next in my reef tank!
With white stringy poo you’ll want to soak food in seachem focus and metroplex. I do one part metroplex to one part focus but I don’t think you need quite that much focus — focus simply binds metroplex to the food so it can treat your fish’s digestive system with metroplex

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With white stringy poo you’ll want to soak food in seachem focus and metroplex. I do one part metroplex to one part focus but I don’t think you need quite that much focus — focus simply binds metroplex to the food so it can treat your fish’s digestive system with metroplex
Okay that’s a pro tip with using focus thank you. I have not seen white stringy poo since so I’m just going to treat this like they’re all brand new fat healthy fish from the store because I’ve had them in my dt for almost 3 months and I’ve been feeding 4 small meals a day since. My wife bought me a mandarin from biota for Christmas and that’s really when it dawned on me that i really haven’t been taking QT seriously. This isn’t just a single clown fish and some anemones for me anymore

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reason you use metro instead of GC? There are some internal parasites that are resistant to metro right?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got some pods on order too? Going to need to dose pods on a regular basis.
No these are from biota I’ve been in contact with Kevin Gaines he’s the founder and he’s informed me of their current diet which is mainly cyclops from Vo2 so I was able to stock up in advance

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No these are from biota I’ve been in contact with Kevin Gaines he’s the founder and he’s informed me of theirs current diet which is mainly cyclops from Vo2 so I was able to stock up in advance
Oh nice! Let us know how it goes.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reason you use metro instead of GC? There are some internal parasites that are resistant to metro right?
Metro is better for soaking food, more experience with it.

General cure is better utilized in the water column, which is less effective for internal parasites typically.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro is better for soaking food, more experience with it.

General cure is better utilized in the water column, which is less effective for internal parasites typically.
Thnk you for addressing this subject. this is still a grey area for those just starting to research

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day one has begun guys!
image.jpg
when to start copper?

OP
OP
johnsamm7

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry my work schedule is crazy just caught up I am using seachem copper test kits with cupramine I will start slowly dosing today I have a 8 gal nuvo I believe it's somewhere around 6 gal of water in the tank so what would you guys recommend I start dosing to slowly bring the copper up over the next 5 days or so

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry my work schedule is crazy just caught up I am using seachem copper test kits with cupramine I will start slowly dosing today I have a 8 gal nuvo I believe it's somewhere around 6 gal of water in the tank so what would you guys recommend I start dosing to slowly bring the copper up over the next 5 days or so
4fordfamily takes 3-5 to raise cupramine to therapeutic levels for hardy fish like clown fish

OP
OP
johnsamm7

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so per cupramine instructions it says 20 drops per 10.5 gallons so I'm basically cutting that in half and doing 2 drops for five days to reach therupedic levels if that sounds right just added my first two drops now

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from what I’ve read it’s not just wise to go slow but to go less then directed on the bottle and test to dose up when your close. But two drops dose seem like a good start I would just start to test after you think your about half way done

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back