Anyone have a good way to dose cupramine for ich

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, it’s reasonable to assume flukes are not an ailment here! :)

OP
OP
johnsamm7

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha yea hopefully it all works out thanks everyone for all the info and fast responses

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this dr Tim’s stuff is the real deal I added a few cap fulls and threw my clownfish in for a day never saw ammonia go up so I added more bacteria more sponges more fish and still ammonia is in check 4 days later

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this dr Tim’s stuff is the real deal I added a few cap fulls and threw my clownfish in for a day never saw ammonia go up so I added more bacteria more sponges more fish and still ammonia is in check 4 days later
Yeah it’s the truth. One heck of a kickstart!

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily can you help clarify my wrasses behavior. I think it’s normal for the situation but it’s very different from the others. He swims actively looking for a way out either back n forth in front of one side or swimming starring down at the bottom glass throughout the tank. He also seems to not take crap from anyone not that anyone tries but he’s a little rude about personal space you could say haha like with the fire fish. he comes over to them kinda keeps them in there area you could say. Like he’s the alpha and the fire fish bow to it. The clown fish and harptail don’t act scared but they do pay attention to it. Is this just a hierarchy thing and is it common for a yellow white belly Wrasse to be the head hancho of 4 dart fish. 1maroon clown and 1 harptail blenny? Everyone is juvenile besides the purple fire fish but the white belly Wrasse has been turning pink the last couple of weeks which i think is so cool by the way :D

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily can you help clarify my wrasses behavior. I think it’s normal for the situation but it’s very different from the others. He swims actively looking for a way out either back n forth in front of one side or swimming starring down at the bottom glass throughout the tank. He also seems to not take crap from anyone not that anyone tries but he’s a little rude about personal space you could say haha like with the fire fish. he comes over to them kinda keeps them in there area you could say. Like he’s the alpha and the fire fish bow to it. The clown fish and harptail don’t act scared but they do pay attention to it. Is this just a hierarchy thing and is it common for a yellow white belly Wrasse to be the head hancho of 4 dart fish. 1maroon clown and 1 harptail blenny? Everyone is juvenile besides the purple fire fish but the white belly Wrasse has been turning pink the last couple of weeks which i think is so cool by the way :D
Each fish had a very different temperament — but it’s certainky normal for a halichoeres wrasse to dominate dartfish, firefish, and similarly “torpedo-shaped” (long and thin) fish.

I wouldn’t stress! Make no mistake though, that maroon clown will be the boss.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each fish had a very different temperament — but it’s certainky normal for a halichoeres wrasse to dominate dartfish, firefish, and similarly “torpedo-shaped” (long and thin) fish.

I wouldn’t stress! Make no mistake though, that maroon clown will be the boss.
Haha thanks man. It’s funny to think about the maroon running the tank even tho I know the day will come. when I got him 2 months ago he was so small and he got picked on by my last clown really bad the first day and the two didn’t pair so I kept the lighting maroon but he just sits by the PH scared after the last clownfish picked on him. Even unbothered by everyone for 2 months that pw is that clown fish’s anemone haha

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I added a small amount of sand about 3x3 inches 1 inch deep and I’m getting a small ammonia spike in between yellow and green on the ammonia badge. Copper is at 1.5 should I do a water change or wait to see if the bacteria population can overcome the Amomia spike

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EE02F4F9-C61A-4253-BD8B-82F5954EB4D5.jpeg
Here’s what I put in the tank for my Wrasse. I was thinking of maybe taking it out and draining most of the water then adding some dr Time one and only straight to the sand bed in hopes that the copper in the water doesn’t zap all the bacteria right away what do you guys think?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a pretty good size seeded sponge in the sump area but I won’t know if it helps for awhile. The instructions say ammonia will show on the badge after 15 min but will take 4 hours to go back from alert to safe :( just hoping it doesn’t go up anymore getting rodi ready just in case

Gmj4409

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a pretty good size seeded sponge in the sump area but I won’t know if it helps for awhile. The instructions say ammonia will show on the badge after 15 min but will take 4 hours to go back from alert to safe :( just hoping it doesn’t go up anymore getting rodi ready just in case
How’s it look today? I would continue dosing a little of your bacteria starter couple times a day until it’s a readable improvement. Sand dose wouldn’t hurt. Frustrating I know.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s it look today? I would continue dosing a little of your bacteria starter couple times a day until it’s a readable improvement. Sand dose wouldn’t hurt. Frustrating I know.
Well this morning ammonia is reading the same so the sponge I added either hasn’t made a dent or it’s kept ammonia from continuing to climb. I’m going to add some bacteria in a bottle and monitor the badge every 2 hours

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the media rack slightly out and added two more capfuls of bacteria in a bottle also added more smaller elbows because the purple firefish was acting severely stressed at first. now I think they’re all more comfortable till amonia came around of course

3F7DA58F-B72F-4266-A0B6-F132BE6EAA65.jpeg

09B0BB4A-4259-449E-8171-9356BBDB98A5.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back