OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a small world! I literally *just* joined, and while I'm a bit further north, I work in Eau Claire (in a non-COVID world, anyway). Just diving deeper into the hobby, so I'm glad to know there are other Wisco folks within a reasonable distance!
Haha, Well that is awesome. We may have a whole crew soon. it would be fun to meet up sometime and share our tanks and stories :)

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is pretty slim. I know of a handful of reefers, but nothing like Madison or Milwaukee. Have not ventured out to the Twin Cities yet though.
Tcmas.org is a great twin cities and western Wisconsin’s reef club.

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R. Glad to have you.

you're welcome love GIF

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Im wondering if there is anyone in the Eau Claire, WI area that would be interested in meeting, sharing info, trading, buying, selling coral, ect. Hit me up if you are.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

This is a good thread for finding others beyond those that chimed in on this thread:

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome6.png

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to Reef2Reef. I had a small FOWLR tank about 10 years ago and I'm now looking to build a bid reef system in my "forever home" in Eau Claire. Did you end up finding anyone in the area?
There are several of us lurking

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I see you did a 180 miracles tank. I'm looking to something similar also in my basement backing up to mechanical.

Out of curiosity did you get friends to help move the tabj into place? Or did you use a local company?
Another local reefer to eau claire and a couple non-reefing friends. It was easily moved by four of us into the basement. I converted my mechanical room into a fish room as well.

SmCaudata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another local reefer to eau claire and a couple non-reefing friends. It was easily moved by four of us into the basement. I converted my mechanical room into a fish room as well.
Great looking tank. I'm using this for some inspiration. My plans were remarkably similar except I was planning to use miracles for the aquarium stand. They do aluminum 2x2 frame. Should be nice and solid. It's going to be behind the wall so appearance is less of a concern. I also was thinking of synergy reef with Clarisea rollers. I'm about half way through your thread so far.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank. I'm using this for some inspiration. My plans were remarkably similar except I was planning to use miracles for the aquarium stand. They do aluminum 2x2 frame. Should be nice and solid. It's going to be behind the wall so appearance is less of a concern. I also was thinking of synergy reef with Clarisea rollers. I'm about half way through your thread so far.
Awesome to hear there's another local reefer. It's pretty sparse in western Wisconsin. Most are east and south east side. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. There are a lot of great build threads on R2R. I'm new to the area, moved to ec a couple years ago from further south.

Back