Anyone interested in starting a JBJ tank owners club here?

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was told my LR was shipping yesterday. I made two calls and 1 email this morning. No answer. I realy hope I didn't get screwed on this deal. That would be a hard $90 lesson to learn. I mean how many frgas could I buy with $90. I'll keep you updated.

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is! I can't wait. I set up my "Cooking bucket" last night.
The down side is the rock has been boxed up scince Monday. I wonder how much life will be left. So I may have bought base rock for deco prices. Live and learn!!!

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of just jbj why not make it an all in one tank thread so some of the oceanic biocube and red sea max guys can jump in too!
Great idea non the less !

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of just jbj why not make it an all in one tank thread so some of the oceanic biocube and red sea max guys can jump in too!
Great idea non the less !

Well, I'm not wanting to exclude anyone, but we kinda already have what your looking for in the Nano tank thread. Don't you think?

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you ever get the tank up and running with the rock?

Yes I finally did. I was not to impressed with my rock order. I ordered their premium deco and got what was more like base. It had next to no life on it and was dryed out. Howevre, I payed for 15 lbs and got 17. I got it cycling in a bucket right now. My tank has been up and running for almost a month now.

Nano-Newb1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats too bad about the rock.. i did same thing pretty much.. i got some nano rock off dr fosters or something, and was all dried up and pretty much rubble

if you wanna speed the cycle up, get a raw uncook shimp and stick it in the tank.. will get the ammonia kicking in no time

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats too bad about the rock.. i did same thing pretty much.. i got some nano rock off dr fosters or something, and was all dried up and pretty much rubble

if you wanna speed the cycle up, get a raw uncook shimp and stick it in the tank.. will get the ammonia kicking in no time

My tank is cycled. I'm just waiting for the rock to get done. I got my cleaning crew yesterday. I ordered it from Liveaquaria.com. I'm very happy with what they sent.

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so last night at bed time, I heard a lot of grinding coming from the right return pump and it wasn't flowing. I pulled it out. The impeller shaft was broke into two pieces. Nice time to take a dump. Man those pumps are next to impossible to get in and out.
So I called JBJ's customer service line and was directed to fill out a RMA on their website. What a pain in the butt. Now I got to wait until they review my rma on Monday and then send me the rma number before I can send it back to them. It is a $.50 piece. I'm sure. It is going to end up costing me about 10 times that or more to get it replaced.
I ran to one of my LFS and picked up a return pump to tide me over.

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gritchie4... great to see you here. So tell us about your tank. Size, lighting, filter and pumps. Also we want to hear about any mods you have made. Have you had any issues?

Please don't hesitate to ask questions.

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had a issues.

Well, a week ago I heard a impeller grinding noise from my right pump. So I pulled it out and inspected it. The impeller shaft was cracked. So I reached out to Manny at JBJ, and completed a RMA. He was great. It was shipped out the very next day. The only thing I can complain about is it was shipped UPS ground. So I'm still waiting for it. Should be here tomorrow.

I replaced the pump with a marineland 900. That was all my LFS had. It is somewhat keeping the water flowing, but doesn't like the wave maker at all.

Yesterday, I had cyana bacteria popping up. I hope the repair fixes this. I've done a water change, reduce my lighting times, and cut back on feeding.

Sorry so long!

gritchie4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment:
- JBJ 3 Gallon Picotope
- AC 70 modded fuge (w/ chemipure elite and chaeto)
- BoostLED PAR30 bulb (3 blue and 2 white, 60 degree optics)
- Hydor Pico Evolution Powerhead
- Stealth Pro 50w heater
- 4lbs of Fiji live rock
- 3lbs of caribsea regular grade sand

Livestock:
- 2 Sexy Shrimp
- 2 Hermit Crabs
- 5 Nerite Snails
- various zoanthids
- various palys
- 3 ricordea Florida ( 4 mouths in total)
- 1 red mushroom (already has dropped 2 babies)

The only trouble I have had is finding room for everything lol. Also evaporation can be a pain sometimes. But other than that everything is running great. I'll post some pics later.

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds very cool. Thanks for posting.

We need more people here. So spread the word when you get a chance.

gritchie4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to add a couple pics. Here you go

FTS
IMAG0547.jpg

Ric Garden
IMAG0556.jpg

Sexy Shrimp and Zoanthids (dont know the name of these)
IMAG0536.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 32.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 41 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 40 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back