Anyone interested in starting a JBJ tank owners club here?

Dank Sinatra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah Ive played with positioning and cant get it to stay put. Heard super glue is the way most people go? What return did you go with?

ScottyMcReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my jbj 3g pico. Check out my build page :) Im taking it to college next semester and loading it with zoas.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ScottyMcReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
443a70e0-3bf9-59fd.jpg

Red Sox themed. Live rock to come.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rev. Did we hit your min yet?

This could be fun if we get more on here.

Anyone else want to play in our club?

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys. its an extremely simple nano. only LR in the rear chambers. deep sand bed for a nano. everything else is all stock. the lights are well over 2 years old lol no heater no skimmer, stock return pump everything is super simple. water change once every 2 weeks. its been up and running for 1yr and 5months.

owentl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a 28g hqi nano a couple of months ago. I really like it but getting a bit worried about the heat this summer!

I just did the nanotuners actinic addon last night an I really love the addition. Also running an upgraded media basket, but I am considering ditching the media basket for a skimmer a I have just added some SPS.

Nano-Newb1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a 28g hqi nano a couple of months ago. I really like it but getting a bit worried about the heat this summer!

I just did the nanotuners actinic addon last night an I really love the addition. Also running an upgraded media basket, but I am considering ditching the media basket for a skimmer a I have just added some SPS.

just keep up on waterchanges, u shouldnt have any problems with sps

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok gang I will get you a forum set up but it's up to you guys to fill it up! I'll hand out some premium memberships if you do! HA!

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1 on the water changes. Keep the media basket. If you realy want a skimmer, you should be able to add one and keep the basket.

Let me know how the lighting upgrade works out for you.

We would love to see photos here as you progress.

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an update: I lost me GBTA last week. That sucks. Howeve, I got it out of my tank before it nuked the tank. I had to remove my very large chunk of LR to get the gbta out as it was suck to the rock. The upside is I'm diging the look it left me with. I may just break up the big chunk into smaller pieces.

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok gang I will get you a forum set up but it's up to you guys to fill it up! I'll hand out some premium memberships if you do! HA!

Thank you! Thank you!

We will take this as a challange, and not fail.

BTW. If you going to hand out a premium membership, I hope I'm on the short list.

Nano-Newb1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an update: I lost me GBTA last week. That sucks. Howeve, I got it out of my tank before it nuked the tank. I had to remove my very large chunk of LR to get the gbta out as it was suck to the rock. The upside is I'm diging the look it left me with. I may just break up the big chunk into smaller pieces.

i heard a easy way to get a anemone too detatch from rock is to use a ice cube and rub near the foot, and/or baste with ice cold water

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i heard a easy way to get a anemone too detatch from rock is to use a ice cube and rub near the foot, and/or baste with ice cold water

Those ways do work. However, he was already turning to slime. So I just put him and rock into my LR curing bucket and turned a powrhead on. He came off in about a hour.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 39 22.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back