Anyone interested in starting a JBJ tank owners club here?

allsps10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will play. 6 Gallon JBJ Nano Cube, MJ900 pump, 2x18w 50/50 PC lighting upgrade.
sump035.jpg

sump034.jpg

sump033.jpg

sump030.jpg

sump029.jpg

sump031.jpg

sump028.jpg

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. The photos are good too. How long has it been set up? I see info on your filter/pump upgrade and your lighting. Have you made any additional upgrades? Do you use any additives? How about protien skimmer? Have you ran into any issues?

I will play. 6 Gallon JBJ Nano Cube, MJ900 pump, 2x18w 50/50 PC lighting upgrade.
sump035.jpg

sump034.jpg

sump033.jpg

sump030.jpg

sump029.jpg

sump031.jpg

sump028.jpg

1Snapple

3g Picotope
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So nano...... we meet again =D.
Im in for JBJ club, I have a 3g JBJ picotope with only corals.
DIY LED light.
Im in for a JBJ club.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you guys can get 10 new people to the site wanting this, I will open you your own forum plus give you few original members to that ask for this a free premium membership. :D They must be new to the site and also I can tell if you make multiple user accounts. That's a NO NO! HA! ;)

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you guys can get 10 new people to the site wanting this, I will open you your own forum plus give you few original members to that ask for this a free premium membership. :D They must be new to the site and also I can tell if you make multiple user accounts. That's a NO NO! HA! ;)

How close are we? And do you mean if we can get ten of the current new members or do you mean we need to attract ten new members?

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calling all JBJ nano owners. Sign in and reffer some of your freinds. Let's make this thing work.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my 28g nano cube last week. Its going to be a seahorse tank as soon as I get around to setting it up. What kind of mods are everyone doing to their tanks?

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my 28g nano cube last week. Its going to be a seahorse tank as soon as I get around to setting it up. What kind of mods are everyone doing to their tanks?

Sounds like a cool set up. I can't wait to see it running.

As for mods, I haven't done any to mine. Here is what I'm planing. Replace the stock pumps with visi-pump 1200, add more led actinic lights, upgrade the stock hqi bulb, and add a chiller.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its just going to be softies, macro algae, and maybe some lps so I got the pc model. I may switch to led down the road. I'm hoping to avoid the chiller but may have to, time will tell. What chiller are you going to go with?

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its just going to be softies, macro algae, and maybe some lps so I got the pc model. I may switch to led down the road. I'm hoping to avoid the chiller but may have to, time will tell. What chiller are you going to go with?

Right now I do not have a chiller. I am thinking about the 1/10 hp from JBJ, but the prices are still high. I am keeping my eye out for a good used one. I have fans running on it for now.

Dank Sinatra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ 12. Question for those whove been running their 12's for awhile. Is there any skimmer that fits in the back chamber? I heard sapphire made one but is now out of business. (know you dont really need one, but if there is one avail for decent $ Id grab it.) Also, are there any LED products similar to a stunner strip that would fit in the canopy? Want to add some actinic/shimmer without dropping 3 bills on a retro kit. Thanks.

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ 12. Question for those whove been running their 12's for awhile. Is there any skimmer that fits in the back chamber? I heard sapphire made one but is now out of business. (know you dont really need one, but if there is one avail for decent $ Id grab it.) Also, are there any LED products similar to a stunner strip that would fit in the canopy? Want to add some actinic/shimmer without dropping 3 bills on a retro kit. Thanks.

I don't know the answers to your questions, but check with some of the "Nano custom" websites out there. You may find someone who can answer your questions on one of those.

Nano-Newb1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would be cool to have this
Lets get more members and pics:
004.jpg

And here is pic of my Utter Chaos poly, Finally 2nd polyp growing and gettin some sweet color
002.jpg

pencil.png

Dank Sinatra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone use the "modular surface skimmer?" The thing seems like a pile of garbage- cant get it to stay suctioned to the back wall and if the positioning is off, the display water wont overflow past the "teeth" to the back chambers resulting in the water in the display not circulating through the filtration. Major P.I.T.A.. Would be interested to see how people are using theirs'

Nano-Newb1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they can be a pain, just need to make sure there not much water evaporation. or slide the skimmer down some. it took me a bit intil i got it to stay in place and work properly

EDIT: I also upgraded my return pump, and that gave the skimmer more "suction" powere lol

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back