Anyone know what this strange pattern is?

Saskdevil

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2022
Messages
45
Reaction score
25
Location
British Columbia
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed in on my rocks. I have no idea what it is. I have 2 clowns, cerith snails, nassarius snails, 2 scarlet hermits, 2 blue dwarf hermits, and an emerald crab.
20221121_124012.jpg
20221121_123957.jpg
20221121_123944.jpg
 
Ok, yes snails lay eggs in different patterns throughout there spawning cycle, some survive but very few never survive out of the amount of eggs laid.


Snails are great clean up crew and reproduce asexually so assume (from your pictures) these are just general eggs, unfertilised (they do this alot) and alone.

I assume you want a free clean up crew via snail eggs so don't change anything in your aquarium and let nature take over :)
 
Ok, yes snails lay eggs in different patterns throughout there spawning cycle, some survive but very few never survive out of the amount of eggs laid.


Snails are great clean up crew and reproduce asexually so assume (from your pictures) these are just general eggs, unfertilised (they do this alot) and alone.

I assume you want a free clean up crew via snail eggs so don't change anything in your aquarium and let nature take over :)
Great idea!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new