Anyone know where to get a pink streaked wrasse?

Joshper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have access to 11 wholesalers and only 1 seem to carry them time to time and rest i have never seen. If I am able to get one ill let you know.
Can you give me a heads up as well? This is just the fish I’ve been looking for.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give me a heads up as well? This is just the fish I’ve been looking for.
I will try but from my last experience survival rate is low, very low. Out of 40 I had only 6 are alive in clients tanks. 50% didn't make it through qt and 25% didn't through shipping

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep checking your LFS. I'm in Orlando and bought mine about 8 months ago from WWC. They carry them frequently but unfortunately don't ship fish. I was at the store 3 weeks ago and they had a really small one, this week they posted on FB that they have some available.

I'm now looking for a Tanaka Wrasse seems Diver Den have had a lot of them this past month but sell quickly and a bit pricey

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try but from my last experience survival rate is low, very low. Out of 40 I had only 6 are alive in clients tanks. 50% didn't make it through qt and 25% didn't through shipping

what would you say was the reason for this?

are these delicate fish?

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep checking your LFS. I'm in Orlando and bought mine about 8 months ago from WWC. They carry them frequently but unfortunately don't ship fish. I was at the store 3 weeks ago and they had a really small one, this week they posted on FB that they have some available.

I'm now looking for a Tanaka Wrasse seems Diver Den have had a lot of them this past month but sell quickly and a bit pricey
I might have to make the 3 hour round trip then! Of course calling before I go lol.

I’ve had 2 LFS looking for the past month or so and nothing.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Will be near impossible as they are from mainly pacific waters which are cooler this time of year and Hawaii has paused any collecting.

Sigmund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can always get a possum wrasse while you wait. Then when one becomes available get one. They will be fine together. Have done it multiple times have a Tanaka Possum wrasse with my pink streaked, they swim together or around each other often.

catalystNfacade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can always get a possum wrasse while you wait. Then when one becomes available get one. They will be fine together. Have done it multiple times have a Tanaka Possum wrasse with my pink streaked, they swim together or around each other often.
Would the Possum wrasse be safe with shrimps? Specifically bumblebee shrimp.

Sigmund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had no issue with Possum Wrasse and anything. Have had them with bumblebee and small sexy shrimp with no issues. Nothing ever is 100% but Possum wrasses are model citizens, even with each other.

Sandman12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that is arriving tomorrow if anyone is still looking for one. Located in Bradenton, FL

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nano tank is just about done cycling and I am looking to add a pinked streaked wrasse in. I can’t find them anywhere and THEY ARE SO CUTE AND PERFECT!
It took me 5 months to find mine at the time as it was when they stopped getting shipments . The best way is to have your lfs specially order or look for one when they go to their wholesalers. Also check the web . And be persistent cause as time goes buy I think people that you ask forget . Good luck !!! Keep a netting on your nano when you get them ,especially when you first get them at least until they get used to their surroundings. All wrasses have the potential to jump . Some more than others . Watch what you put in the tank as the cryptic or pink striped are very non aggressive . You don’t want to put a aggressive six line or dotty back in with him especially in a nano tank . Good luck !!! They are great fish

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re a more seasonal fish by the looks of it (I’ve only ever seen them available in March, April and the start of May sometimes).
Loved mine, and I’m hoping my LFS has the second one still so I can see if the Pink Streak was looking after the clam. Beautiful species, mine eventually ended up being Stripey with a Mohawk.
74F9A4F8-93DF-4232-9860-16C45C01EFB6.jpeg
22A7BC5B-C40B-4878-AE83-C43DA536DF3B.jpeg

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes them!! My only fear is that they won’t be available for a long time.. I have been checking that website for a while on them and it doesn’t seem like they will be in stock for a while :(
They are very hard to get. I have had email notifications on from LA but each time I get the email it's out of stock before I even get there.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back