OP
OP
S

Saltwatertaylor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is the cost for food for these? And does it have to be an empty tank? Whats the tank requirements for these?

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if your refering to the banded cat shark they need a minimum of 180g for adults soft substrate cause they have soft bellies that can be scratched easily. they are not considered reef safe cause they will eat your crabs/shrimp if there isnt enough places for them to hide. may possibly eat your fish while they sleep since most sharks are nocturnal. they eat vitamin enriched krill,squid,silversides,or chunks of fish shrimp or clams when there small they dont eat alot but do grow up to a foot a year. when first introduced into an aquarium they may not eat frozen thawed food preps and may have to be feed saltwater grass shrim or live feeder fish until weaned onto frozen thaw prep. any more questions feel free to ask

BCT182

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a black tip in my 1000g which was 1400g total water volume. If you search my screen name on YouTube (BCT182) you'll see some vids.

CTMarinelife

CTmarinelife
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered an Indonesian Zebra Bamboo Shark, supposed to be 6-9" and eating squid. Ill post pics when it arrives.

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered an Indonesian Zebra Bamboo Shark, supposed to be 6-9" and eating squid. Ill post pics when it arrives.
it will get about 19" in its first year and get about 36" to 48" when an adult hope you have a 300g tank

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also if it is a true indonesian zebra bamboo shark they dont take well to captivity and have not heard of many living more than a few months in captivity

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the banded cat shark is the cheapest and easiest ot get for the home aquarium you buy them in there egg and put them in your tank for 2 mnths and they might hatch they only have a 25% hatch rate. and then there is only a 10% survival rate after hatch most just refuse to eat and die
Eek, where did you hear that? While in the egg sack you can see them growing and absorbing the yolk. If you have proper water quality and the egg was alive when you purchased it there would be more like a 90% chance of survival. Once hatched they readily accept live blood worms and similar small live worms. Feed them at least daily at this age as they have tiny stomachs and fast metabolism. Once large enough the live shrimp is a great choice but overall feeders provide very little nutrition and should be avoided. Over time you can train them to eat prepared foods. Avoid tiny/small catsharks that were imported already hatched. They have a much tougher time than those born in captivity.

With that said they're one of those fish I wish wasn't imported as frequently. Most people purchase them and place them in an inadequate tank size with the 'intention' of going bigger but never do.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.6%
Back