Anyone run 1” return?

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya it would be super easy. I actually have a short piece of 1" vinyl from pump to return

I would love to try one of the 1" RFGs but my 1" return is over the back and I don't think they make 1" loc line sections unless I'm mistaken...
we do make a 1in Modular Hose version - but it's hard to say if it will fit your specific over-to-back return pipe.
https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/s...ator-with-1in-modular-hose-fitting-rfgs100ll/

the 1in Modular hose fitting that we sourced out (and that this RFG fits) has an outer diameter on the ball side of 1.25" (~32.95mm) . if you can provide the brand of pipe you have or a measurement of the ball-side, we may bee able to figure out if it will fit.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we do make a 1in Modular Hose version - but it's hard to say if it will fit your specific over-to-back return pipe.
https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/s...ator-with-1in-modular-hose-fitting-rfgs100ll/

the 1in Modular hose fitting that we sourced out (and that this RFG fits) has an outer diameter on the ball side of 1.25" (~32.95mm) . if you can provide the brand of pipe you have or a measurement of the ball-side, we may bee able to figure out if it will fit.
Thanks for the reply.

So it's a 1" sch 40 return. Currently am using a 1"x 3/4" npt adaptor with 3/4" locline and flare nozzle. I suppose I could extend the 1" pvc over the rim and into the water with 1" npt adaptor but would be and have to have some adjustability as I do now with the loc line

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply.

So it's a 1" sch 40 return. Currently am using a 1"x 3/4" npt adaptor with 3/4" locline and flare nozzle. I suppose I could extend the 1" pvc over the rim and into the water with 1" npt adaptor but would be and have to have some adjustability as I do now with the loc line
We have a few options that would fit your needs

if you go with straight sch 40 PVC, we do have a slip-fit version of our 1in RFG nozzle. We offer them on our website but you can also get them direct from @Bulk Reef Supply - they have better (free) shipping costs than we do. You can save yourself some $$ on shipping :)
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/1-random-flow-generator-for-1-pvc-vivid-creative-aquatics.html

They will also have he 1in with Modular hose fitting in stock soon as well.

As far as the modular hose fitting go , we do offer a 1in modular hose to 3/4in Loc-line fitting as well. with that - you could reduce the 1in to dual 3/4in with a 1in NPT, 1 in to 3/4 Y and then some regular 3/4in Loc-line.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a few options that would fit your needs

if you go with straight sch 40 PVC, we do have a slip-fit version of our 1in RFG nozzle. We offer them on our website but you can also get them direct from @Bulk Reef Supply - they have better (free) shipping costs than we do. You can save yourself some $$ on shipping :)
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/1-random-flow-generator-for-1-pvc-vivid-creative-aquatics.html

They will also have he 1in with Modular hose fitting in stock soon as well.

As far as the modular hose fitting go , we do offer a 1in modular hose to 3/4in Loc-line fitting as well. with that - you could reduce the 1in to dual 3/4in with a 1in NPT, 1 in to 3/4 Y and then some regular 3/4in Loc-line.
So you think it's a good idea to reduce and run 2 on a y? Running around 1000gph

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you think it's a good idea to reduce and run 2 on a y? Running around 1000gph
At 1,000 GPH, you could go either way. The 1in RFG rocks at around 1,000 GPH, while 3/4in do pretty good at 500 GPH.

A single 1in RFG Nozzle at 1,000 will give you a nice and punchy flow pattern - almost wave-maker like. While, a dual 3/4 RFG nozzle setup at 500 GPH per nozzle will give you a bit more flexibility as to how you direct the flow and still create a nice randomized flow pattern. If you think you may increase flow at some point with an even larger pump, then would strongly suggest the dual 3/4in over a single 1in.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 1,000 GPH, you could go either way. The 1in RFG rocks at around 1,000 GPH, while 3/4in do pretty good at 500 GPH.

A single 1in RFG Nozzle at 1,000 will give you a nice and punchy flow pattern - almost wave-maker like. While, a dual 3/4 RFG nozzle setup at 500 GPH per nozzle will give you a bit more flexibility as to how you direct the flow and still create a nice randomized flow pattern. If you think you may increase flow at some point with an even larger pump, then would strongly suggest the dual 3/4in over a single 1in.
Great. Thank you !

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How close can these be placed to the water surface without pulling a vertex and causing air bubbles?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 171 73.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back