Anyone using Dr. Sochting's Oxydator

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@atoll I have a w coming for use on a 240g tank, are you using 35% diluted to 9% or did you find a good food grade 9% on line, really excited about these, I’ve been trying for over a year to find one. Every where they have been out of stock

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dick for posting, I was going to inform janos that you had a few, I ordered a W from you earlier this week

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oxydators are very neat inventions they work great. I've seen them on YouTube on the most delicate bee shrimp freshwater tanks all the way to the densest reefs. One aspect that's interesting is no known sensitive organisms to the way it meters out the oxygen. Very neat device, they should produce tiny dators now to accommodate tank downsizing I think it would be a good seller, an od with footprint small enough to fit in the common nanos and take up as little room as poss

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@atoll I have a w coming for use on a 240g tank, are you using 35% diluted to 9% or did you find a good food grade 9% on line, really excited about these, I’ve been trying for over a year to find one. Every where they have been out of stock

Glad you have been able to find a W model.
We used to be able to buy 35% but here in the UK we are now only allowed to buy 12% peroxide unless we have a licence for stronger. I, therefore, dilute it with 1/3 RO water to give me 9%

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oxydators are very neat inventions they work great. I've seen them on YouTube on the most delicate bee shrimp freshwater tanks all the way to the densest reefs. One aspect that's interesting is no known sensitive organisms to the way it meters out the oxygen. Very neat device, they should produce tiny dators now to accommodate tank downsizing I think it would be a good seller, an od with footprint small enough to fit in the common nanos and take up as little room as poss

The Oxydator mini is the smallest produced and that is IMO nano size Pic below.
Oxydators have been used by myself and a number of my friends for many years as I believe you may know. We are well aware of many of the marine animals we keep that will react negatively to overdosing of peroxide. However, used as recommended we have not experienced any negative effects with a whole host of corals and inverts.
Oxydators have been used in the UK for many years and many discus keepers and breeders use them as well as those who keep shrimps but only in the last 30 years approximately have they been used in marine systems as far I know. Of course, I am just a hobbyist but I do have one friend who uses Oxydators who has a degree in marine biology, many others here also enjoy the benefits Oxydators can bring to their marine aquariums. The benefits people notice using Oxydators are well reported inc many posts and short articles written by many inc myself over the years. Slowly but surely they are becoming accepted as a great aid to water quality and more.

oxydator mini.jpg

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can I find a W unit?
+1 !
I would like to source one for my 450 gallon system as well if you are going to order a W unit maybe we can order two and save on shipping?

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious if you guys can post pics of how you have them implemented in your tanks. When you google/youtube these devices they are seen in freshwater but I would love to see their use in reef tanks.

I run my reefs with a ton of flow so are these stable enough to not get kicked around if placed in my display?

Also to me it seems that the dosing is based off of both the number of catalysts used and the concentration of H202 correct? With this in mind the volume of H202 used won't matter correct?

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious if you guys can post pics of how you have them implemented in your tanks. When you google/youtube these devices they are seen in freshwater but I would love to see their use in reef tanks.

I run my reefs with a ton of flow so are these stable enough to not get kicked around if placed in my display?

Also to me it seems that the dosing is based off of both the number of catalysts used and the concentration of H202 correct? With this in mind the volume of H202 used won't matter correct?

All models are very stable mainly due to the heavy bases and you should not have an issue with them being pushed over by water flow.
Temperature also plays a part in the use of peroxide but not greatly so IME but it does impact on it.
I have 2 X model As which although not ideal I have in my sump rather than in the DT.

Here is a pic which wasn't the easiest to take.

20170220_231409.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back