Apex 0-10v Reef Octopus controller equivalents

MrBucket101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve got my overflow stabilized with the RO Varios controller on my Varios8 and Varios2, on Speed2. It took a bit of tuning especially with my fleece roller and ATO. I really don’t want to alter my pump speeds and go through the process all over again.

I have the 0-10v cable, and I’d like to use it instead of the speed settings in the RO controller.

I can’t seem to figure out what % on the 0-10v equates to speed 2 on the RO controller box. I’ve tried 40% and that’s too slow, and 50% is too fast. I’ve tried every solid increment in between and I just can’t seem to find the previous speed.

You’d think it would be 40%, 5 steps, 20% each…
the main reason I want to use the 0-10v is so that I can slow the pumps down during feeding (but not shut off) and also control the pumps when a leak sensor is tripped. Faster if the leak is in the cabinet (assuming overflow) and off if the leak is outside the cabinet.

OP
OP
M

MrBucket101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who find this afterwards.

I’ve got a varios2 tee’s off into my manifold, and a varios8 for the majority of my flow.

30% on the Varios2 and 50% in the Varios8 roughly equates to the flow rate of both controllers on speed 2. I needed to make a minor adjustment to the overflow. But that was it.

Back