Apex 2016 - "IOTA" connectivity - is the industry on board?

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the feedback. Really, we do. Given many factors not going to be discussed here, at least for the near future, we will be sticking to our current implementation. If you there is a product you think should be integrated with Apex control via IoTa, please encourage the manufacturer to contact us and we will give them all the information they need to make it happen. If you want certain features from those manufacturers, ask them. That is how products are created and improved.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's literally what people are doing in this thread. Asking for a feature that would make the product significantly better.
Yes, from our side, heard. Keep it up on other manufacturers. Some we are working with right now did not move until the groundswell was reached.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The latest evidence of this is the WXM module. We were not asked if we wanted to be on board with a new way to interconnect. First it was the Vectra. Fine. Then it was the Versa - OK, it is a new class of product. But then, when the new Radion came out, well it basically left our customers behind and no upgrade path for them with their existing WXM. Now, the MP40 are coming with firmware that is not compatible with the WXM. Customers that want to utilize their Apex and WXM are being forced to revert to older firmware on their MP40 and many trying to do so, have bricked their pump controllers.
I have to ask what Neptune expected when they came out with their own line of product to directly compete with those that you just pointed out? not to mention, I found it a bit off putting that a well placed article informing the public that Neptune will be throwing their hat in the ring with LED lights the same week that G5's hit the market...hmmm.

From an industry perspective, I have to think that other companies are smart enough to be extremely cautious to hop on the iotA platform in fear of the same reprisal. As pointed out above, these types of cut throat tactics aren't really appropriate in such a small market.

I would like to think that Neptune would be in a better place if they stuck within the parameters of being a controller that was the central hub to all other products. I often wonder if we would even know who GHL was if Neptune's focus was more on being the controller first and foremost.

Now that the ship has sailed, you can't fault other companies for coming out with their own version of controllability. Soliciting apex users to contact other companies to do Neptune's bidding seems a bit objectionable.

From a hobbyist standpoint, I'm deep in this as well, I tried to center my entire tank around Apex. In the past I've had various aqua controllers, apex lite and now the 2016 apex with 4 eb832's lots of modules and constantly worried if all this will eventually be an obsolete platform.

Bottom line is all companies are afforded their own prerogative and whether or not they want to jump on this platform. It seems that the industry is shifting in a different direction. and it begs the question, when the dust settles, where will Neptune fit into all of this?

OP
OP
K

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To allay any confusion, I had requested to have this thread moved to the Aquarium Controller sub-forum.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back