Apex A3

kpoj9

Reefin’ Ain’t Eazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing worse than ordering a new Apex A3 and having it not work correctly. I now have to get a replacement through Neptune.

Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Sparkss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing worse than ordering a new Apex A3 and having it not work correctly. I now have to get a replacement through Neptune.

Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures
What was wrong with yours? I am having major Wifi issues with my new A3.

Sparkss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing…Wi-Fi issue. Keeps getting disconnected from fusion. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with tech support. they’re sending me a replacement.
Guess I either go that route or send it back to BRS

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my replacement. Seems to be working fine.

good luck!
That's good to hear. Sorry you had to go through that but I find their (Neptune) CS and replacement time is great. Had my Cor 20 controller go out. Spoke with them via email Sunday. Replacement arrived Tuesday.

Sparkss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i opened a ticket, we will see how long it take them to get to me. I would guess that they are quite busy if they sent out a batch of bad controllers, which it sounds like. The one thing that I don't know (until they contact me) is if they are going to push for that remote access, which I refuse to allow them to do to my computer. I work in IT for a large company and have deconstructed a couple of pieces of malware within the last couple of years. It does not matter how good Neptune's reputation is (or isn't), all it takes it one disgruntled employee and a couple of simple keystrokes and your financial life is no longer your own. If they have access through Fusion I fail to see why they need access to our PCs anyways.

OP
OP
kpoj9

kpoj9

Reefin’ Ain’t Eazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i opened a ticket, we will see how long it take them to get to me. I would guess that they are quite busy if they sent out a batch of bad controllers, which it sounds like. The one thing that I don't know (until they contact me) is if they are going to push for that remote access, which I refuse to allow them to do to my computer. I work in IT for a large company and have deconstructed a couple of pieces of malware within the last couple of years. It does not matter how good Neptune's reputation is (or isn't), all it takes it one disgruntled employee and a couple of simple keystrokes and your financial life is no longer your own. If they have access through Fusion I fail to see why they need access to our PCs anyways.
Yeah I understand. I work in web development. I had to give them remote access while they gave me instructions to diagnose the issue. I don’t know if you’ve dealt with Neptune before. But I do trust them.

Sparkss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I understand. I work in web development. I had to give them remote access while they gave me instructions to diagnose the issue. I don’t know if you’ve dealt with Neptune before. But I do trust them.
No, I figured out an issue with an old Apex JR on my own due to their overly intrusive support requirements. If they are going to force that issue I will just call BRS and get it swapped. And like I said, it is not about the company as a whole. I work closely with information protection and from experience I can tell you that it only takes 1 bad actor to really ruin your day.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do they need PC access? Jacking into your apex remotely is vastly different than your home PC's, iot, etc...

If your in the IT field, you already know it's fairly easy to 'isolate' apex access from the rest of your home network and still allow the Apex to talk to the outside world for Neptune to have remote access.

All 3 of my apex's have fusion access, but are fairly isolated from the rest of the home networks. If someone wants in THAT bad, they're gonna do it, regardless of 'prep'.

Sparkss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do they need PC access? Jacking into your apex remotely is vastly different than your home PC's, iot, etc...

If your in the IT field, you already know it's fairly easy to 'isolate' apex access from the rest of your home network and still allow the Apex to talk to the outside world for Neptune to have remote access.

All 3 of my apex's have fusion access, but are fairly isolated from the rest of the home networks. If someone wants in THAT bad, they're gonna do it, regardless of 'prep'.

You are asking the wrong person. I have no idea why they need PC access, I even asked them that myself. If you go to open a Support ticket they direct you to install the remote access software prior to getting on a call with them. They also tried to force me to install the remote access for my ApexJr and basically said that they could not (would not) help me if I did not. It is not about isolating the Apex, but rather about giving some random Neptune support person remote access to my PC.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back