Apex and Hydor Korralia - compatible?

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm circling the idea of buy an Apex. The cost is still holding me back a bit.

My question - I have some hydor korralia powerheads that give me great flow. But they aren't very controllable. I can set them up to turn on and off but I'd really like to have the ability to ramp them up and down rather than just on and off. Any chance I could do that with an Apex?

Thanks

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm circling the idea of buy an Apex. The cost is still holding me back a bit.

My question - I have some hydor korralia powerheads that give me great flow. But they aren't very controllable. I can set them up to turn on and off but I'd really like to have the ability to ramp them up and down rather than just on and off. Any chance I could do that with an Apex?

Thanks
Unfortunately, they are not controllable in the way of variable speeds. You can use the apex to run them in on/off mode from the power bar if you want. If you want to use a controller for them but don't want to drop a lot of cash you could get one of these...
https://www.amazon.com/Hydor-Smart-...ocphy=9011839&hvtargid=pla-350469141024&psc=1

OP
OP
ThunderGoose

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was afraid of that. I have the Hydor controller already so I can do everything with that that I could do with an Apex.

Thanks for the fast response.

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pleasure!
On another note, the day I bought my apex was a major turning point for me. If it is in the budget I would highly recommend
getting one. The guys at Neptune are top notch folks and their forums will help you with any of your programming needs. Unless you are a programming genius, you will definitely need some help with that..:rolleyes:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back