Apex Continuously Reboots

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tried and with nothing connected to the head unit it still reboots.
Well that’s a bummer. For a last ditched effort I would try it at someone else’s place with different Internet and see if it’s something specific to your new setup. Otherwise I’m at a loss you’ve covered a lot of bases

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that’s a bummer. For a last ditched effort I would try it at someone else’s place with different Internet and see if it’s something specific to your new setup. Otherwise I’m at a loss you’ve covered a lot of bases
I can almost guarantee that it has something to do with it. Too much of a coincidence that the moment the new network comes on the apex starts doing this and with another head unit it also does the same.

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and to throw a curveball at this. I have an older Apex, the black label aqua controller hardwire to the same network and it stays online without rebooting

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the head unit to my mothers house and connected it to her network and so far after 30 minutes no reboots. She has Comcast same I had prior to all this starting.
Well that’s good news, sorta. It’s strange that an ip conflict or anything else setting related would cause the apex to reboot cycle. I could see it dropping on and off the network but actually rebooting is curious.

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday I took the head unit to my parents in-law, they also have quantum fiber, same modem and route. As I thought the apex continuously rebooted for the 3 hours I was there.

It's definitely something with the quantum fiber setup but the question is what. Not sure what else I can do at this point. Either try to purchase a new modem or go back to Comcast.

clhardy5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday I took the head unit to my parents in-law, they also have quantum fiber, same modem and route. As I thought the apex continuously rebooted for the 3 hours I was there.

It's definitely something with the quantum fiber setup but the question is what. Not sure what else I can do at this point. Either try to purchase a new modem or go back to Comcast.
I know this is an old post....but did you ever get your issue resolved with quantum fiber? I just had mine installed yesterday and it is doing this exact same thing! I tried all the things you did --- and it reboots hardwired as well.

Hoping you had resolution!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back