Apex DOS mounting fail

  • Thread starter Thread starter edunn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

edunn

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2025
Messages
26
Reaction score
10
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
I was removing the "easy punch out mounting holes" from my new Neptune Dos QuietDrive and the plastic pieces fell inside the unit. Could you please advise if it is still safe to use? I tried holding it upside down when removing the plastic pieces and they still fell inside the unit.
I appreciate your advice.
 
I fell into that trap too, as I’m sure the majority of people have.
All I can say is I’ve been running mine like that for a couple years and haven’t noticed an issue.
 
I fell into that trap too, as I’m sure the majority of people have.
All I can say is I’ve been running mine like that for a couple years and haven’t noticed an issue.
Lol, thank you SO much for the information, and making me feel better. It's up and running :)
 
Lol, thank you SO much for the information, and making me feel better. It's up and running :)
FYI, from Neptune in case anyone else has the same issue in the future.
Neptune Support -
The mounting knockout pieces are nonconductive plastic, so they should not cause an electrical short or create an issue inside the DŌS QuietDrive.

You can try tipping the unit and guiding the pieces back out through the original mounting hole. However, if they are difficult to remove, there is no need to continue trying. Once the DŌS is mounted, the pieces should remain in place and should not cause a problem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new