Johnny C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got 2 dos 2 ddr’s and a trident. Was working great
58A50E54-E467-453A-9575-B0058C5EBD32.jpeg
. i kept adjusting my levels to get my desired levels.. about a week in and levels started to drop. I inspected the dos and the pumps are not spinning. Lights turn blue telling me my command is being responded to but pumps don’t even try to spin. I push the button on the dos itself and lights turn blue but no spin out of the pump

1) im wondering if I messed something up in the programming
2) bubbles in the line. I’m switching out the connections but pumps should still spin

any suggestions?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happens if you turn the DOS units upright? Also, how so you have them connected - 1LINK or AquaBus/power supply?

Programming and bubbles wouldn't affect the pumps - you should be able to manually prime them with the button. Were these purchased new or used?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you just tried using the plug and plugging them in to a wall outlet directly with just an aquabus cable?

The DOS will do just as you described if you just use an aquabus cable, and not plugged into power.

Could be the 1link cable has crapped out.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your photo I see two things that I question:

1. The upside-down DOS appears to be connected using an AquaBus cable + external 24v power adapter. From the photo I cannot see the cables for the other DOS.

2. On your EB832, I see two 24v power adapters. Are those (or at least 1 of them) for a DOS?

The reason I point this out is that the DOS has 2 connectivity options: a 1Link cable (which provides communications plus 24v power to run the pumps); or an AquaBus cable (which provides communication plus 12v power for the circuit board and lights, but not enough to operate the DOS pump motors) plus a 24v power adapter is needed to operate the motors.

DOS Cabling.jpg

So here's my theory: You say it's connected with a 1Link cable, but I suspect you are confusing "1Link" with "AquaBus". They are two different things as I explained above.

So, if you actually have them connected with 2 AquaBus cables and 2 external 24v power adapters, and those 24v adapters are plugged into your EB832, then the EB832 outputs need to be configured for "Always ON" so the power adapters are actually delivering the needed 24v to the DOS units. Better yet, move the 24v power adapters to a regular power strip or wall outlet so you're not wasting valuable controllable outputs on the EB832.

OP
OP
Johnny C

Johnny C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are awesome thank you so much. We are back up and running. I do have an available outlet that I am able to plug into right there. Once again thank you. I also had “dos” switched off on EB832

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 110 76.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back