Apex internet

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use a game adaptor for my apex but it never really worked all that well. I now use a power line adaptor and it works wonders. Very happy with it and I would recommend it over a game adaptor any day. Easy to setup just plug one adaptor into the wall and to the router and the other into the wall and to the apex.

Last edited:

nivram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use a game adaptor for my apex but it never really worked all that well. I now use a power line adaptor and it works wonders. Very happy with it and I would recommend it over a game adaptor any day. Easy to setup just plug one adaptor into the wall and to the router and the other into the wall and to the apex.

They are great. Just remember not to plug it into a surge protector device as that may cause it to not work properly.

oigimsar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a good guide somewhere for how to set up the APEX on the wireless and on the internet? I was just at someones house and he was controlling his tank with his phone. It was very cool and useful. I have the APEX but am not very tech savvy but would love to do this before I leave for vacation.

nivram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a good guide somewhere for how to set up the APEX on the wireless and on the internet? I was just at someones house and he was controlling his tank with his phone. It was very cool and useful. I have the APEX but am not very tech savvy but would love to do this before I leave for vacation.

Do a search for the unofficial guide.

OP
OP
J

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the unofficial guide will help you set up your wireless. it will tell you how to use an gameing adaptor but i would still go with a powerline adapter. when i used a gameing adaptor my apex would lose wireless all the time so i wouldnt beable to control it hardly. now i have no worries about it and i control my tank in WI from FL when i need to. you will more then likely need a DSN service to.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

oigimsar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I will search for the guide. A big part of the problem is understanding the language. For example, I don't know what a gaming adapter, powersource adapter or DSN are. lol. Time to learn a new langauge, I guess.

oigimsar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
neptune systems made an app for the iphone not sure about android...

to make it easier on yourself talk to some local reef club members to help you..

OP
OP
J

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back