Apex programming - Auto control Co2 and Solenoid via Trident result.

k2-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Folks - I am trying to control my Co2 solenoid and Kemore pump from physical outlet on apex. I am trying to turn off / on my co2 solenoid and Kamore pump based on Trident test result - if my Alk is < 8.75 then on and if Alk > 8.75 then off : Here is what i have in my advance script:

Fallback OFF
If Alkx13 > 8.75 Then OFF

I am clear that it will turn off if the alk is measured more than 8.75 but will it automatically turn on after when Alk is lower than 8.75 ?

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Folks - I am trying to control my Co2 solenoid and Kemore pump from physical outlet on apex. I am trying to turn off / on my co2 solenoid and Kamore pump based on Trident test result - if my Alk is < 8.75 then on and if Alk > 8.75 then off : Here is what i have in my advance script:

Fallback OFF

I am clear that it will turn off if the alk is measured more than 8.75 but will it automatically turn on after when Alk is lower than 8.75 ?
I think you would have to add a line above stating quote set on. I wouldn’t recommend this approach though. My opinion is that it’s better to dial in your reactor with little to no intervention from the apex other than the oh crap something went wrong better shut it down scenario. I would research this a bit more before implementing trident based reactor control myself.

Edit.. unless 8.75 is abnormally high for you and is the something is wrong trigger. I may have assumed 8.75 as being normal

Last edited:

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fallback OFF
If Alkx13 < 8.75 Then ON

or
Fallback OFF
Set ON
This, and if using the less than greater than a defer statement might be beneficial as it will most likely cycle on and off if it’s teetering at 8.75

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back