Apex Starter Kit

MThorne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help with the purchase of a neptune apex system. I've been watching for a complete starter kit on brs but they are out of stock. So I put together my own piece by piece. My worry now is that I am missing something imperative or that I've doubled up on something and dont need to waste the money. I will add another dos unit down the road for water changes but I think this is enough for now maybe? I've taken screen shots of the items in the cart but not sure if it will even be enough info. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot_20200227-073719_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20200227-073732_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20200227-073742_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20200227-073753_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20200227-073804_Samsung Internet.jpg

zapbap99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just go on Bulkreefsupply they have soem combos already made prob for little better price!

OP
OP
MThorne

MThorne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just go on Bulkreefsupply they have soem combos already made prob for little better price!
They are out of stock and have been for a few months now. They offer the option to line up I just haven't. Keep in mind that's Canadian dollars in ss vs. Brs in american dollars + shipping

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LDK and FMK are both just the FMM module with leak and flow sensors included. Depending what you want to do, you may not need both. The FMM can run 4 devices devices (optical level, flow and leak detectors). You might be better off just getting the FMM and the specific devices you plan to use.

Honestly if you're not sure, I would start with just the apex complete package and then add things on gradually to smooth out the learning curve.

OP
OP
MThorne

MThorne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LDK and FMK are both just the FMM module with leak and flow sensors included. Depending what you want to do, you may not need both. The FMM can run 4 devices devices (optical level, flow and leak detectors). You might be better off just getting the FMM and the specific devices you plan to use.

Honestly if you're not sure, I would start with just the apex complete package and then add things on gradually to smooth out the learning curve.
Sounds like a good idea...seems a bit overwhelming lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 50.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 62 54.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.0%
Back