Apex Trident

lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, does anybody know if Neptune Apex will release the Apex Trident?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If, or when lol? I think the chances that they will release it are 100%. As to when, who knows. Hopefully sometime in 2018.

strike2867

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking around and don't see a date. They have another product in pre-release mode on the BRS website, but not the trident.

strike2867

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex Controller System. basically your usual Ph, Salinity, Temperature. It won't let me post the link for some reason, but by the looks of it, nothing special considering the price is $800.

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex Controller System. basically your usual Ph, Salinity, Temperature. It won't let me post the link for some reason, but by the looks of it, nothing special considering the price is $800.
The 2016 Apex was released in 2016, I've had one installed on my tank for nearly a year. And it does much more than the usual ph, salinity, temperature.

strike2867

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I mistook pre-order to mean it wasn't released yet. I'm glad you like it. I've had the ReefKeeper for about 8 years now, looked like many of the same features.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case you haven't seen the latest official response from Neptune on their community forum, it looks like the Trident is behind schedule. Here's a snippet from https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?22434-Product-development-notice

PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

TRIDENT
We know many of our Control Freaks are eagerly awaiting the Trident that we unveiled last year at MACNA. And social media has been chattering non-stop asking for an update. Well we'll just will come right out and say it — it looks like we are slipping about three months on this product. This means that our Neptune Systems Insiders (NSI) should be able to get their hands on a Trident in 2-3 months. Our development teams have been working non-stop on this product. Technologically everything is rock solid - we've just have had some hiccups in component sourcing and manufacturing areas. A new production prototype of the Trident will be shown at Reefapalooza (RAP) in Orlando on April 7-8 so if you want to see it in the flesh, make sure to come out to that event.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case you haven't seen the latest official response from Neptune on their community forum, it looks like the Trident is behind schedule. Here's a snippet from https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?22434-Product-development-notice

PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

TRIDENT
We know many of our Control Freaks are eagerly awaiting the Trident that we unveiled last year at MACNA. And social media has been chattering non-stop asking for an update. Well we'll just will come right out and say it — it looks like we are slipping about three months on this product. This means that our Neptune Systems Insiders (NSI) should be able to get their hands on a Trident in 2-3 months. Our development teams have been working non-stop on this product. Technologically everything is rock solid - we've just have had some hiccups in component sourcing and manufacturing areas. A new production prototype of the Trident will be shown at Reefapalooza (RAP) in Orlando on April 7-8 so if you want to see it in the flesh, make sure to come out to that event.
Tank you or the information. This is kind disappointing but if it means better quality and less issues when released, then I am willing to wait a bit longer.

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know about you guys, but I would rather wait an extra six months and have a perfectly usable Trident, opposed to them releasing early with lots of errors.

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone fill me in on what changes/improvements we’re expecting to see with the new release?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone fill me in on what changes/improvements we’re expecting to see with the new release?

The Trident has never been released, so we can’t really speculate on any improvements or changes as yet. We saw a prototype at MACNA last summer in New Orleans and it looks like they will be introducing the production prototype at RAP in Orlando this weekend. As far as we all know, it will measure and monitor Alk, Ca and Mg through titration tests. Curious as to how they will integrate it with the DOS in the future for parameter control purposes.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone goes to RAP in Orlando this weekend, please try to get the exact measurements of the Trident device. I'm finalizing my cabinet design and want to know how much space to reserve for the Trident, including any cable/tubing/power connections.

Matsu49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any updates for this? Sounds like it'll be a game changer once it gets released.

Blizzahjh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been back and forth with neptune about a different issue and asked last email and its been pushed back to Q3 release according to their customer service rep. That being said i wouldnt be surprised if it gets bumped to Q4.

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been back and forth with neptune about a different issue and asked last email and its been pushed back to Q3 release according to their customer service rep. That being said i wouldnt be surprised if it gets bumped to Q4.

daaaamnit... oh well id rather have i working right than rush it and it overdoses a tank

Blizzahjh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup... couldnt agree more, that being said i think im going to set my dosers myself and just use the readings as info to set my dosing.

Back