OP
OP
Hasted

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your overflow is fine IMO. You want a herbie to drizzle into the emergency drain just barely. I might even drop the emergency drain a touch.
Those will be the last two pipes I glue and after testing it all. I think I can get away with that, at least...

I will test out heights until right during the leak test. Bottom side to sump will be glued so it should be fine. Empty, glue. Let sit. Go!

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is like asking someone in the rigging world if your rope system is good. You can get 100 rope guys in a room and have 100 different ideas about the best way. I get it though. Always better to ask.

OP
OP
Hasted

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is like asking someone in the rigging world if your rope system is good. You can get 100 rope guys in a room and have 100 different ideas about the best way. I get it though. Always better to ask.
Yeah, I agree.

I have a Red Sea Reefer that comes will all the plumbing ready to go. Never had to do this fully. One reason I wanted to go Herbie also. Been using it and actually understand it (mostly). Durso? Not so much. Feels good doing it all, though.

Biggest reason for asking is just cost of everything. Using red piping, cleaner fittings rather than Home Depot bulky ones, dang Gate valve, etc. Just glad I was able to use white Schedule 40 to match rather than grey schedule 80. Still haven't figured out why I am spending extra to make plumbing LOOK nicer... haha.

I appreciate everyone chiming in! Going to do a few minor adjustments and then slap it together eventually. Hey, if we get a snow day tomorrow I may just do it then!

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My return is a Varios6 (1720 gph) so not the end of the world if some loss.

I will still try to find an aesthetic way to lose some 90s there. Thanks!

Anything else you see? You are the person I checked out to see if Herbie was possible so definitely want your opinion!
Everything else looks good to me. I wouldn't make the emegency drain any shorter. Any more and you can hear the water trickling. I actually ended up making mine taller than what I initially had.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And make the main only a 3/4" pipe? Why so? Will a 3/4" be able to keep up?

This is an 80g tank if that matters.

If the 3/4 will not keep up with what your flow is it also will not work as an emergency.

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to submerge and split my loc-line fittings. Also, don’t forget your siphon break there in case of power outage.

OP
OP
Hasted

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snow day. Done.
20210209_150854.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back