Aptasia or somthing else?

jchopkin

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2021
Messages
42
Reaction score
26
Location
wales
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When cleaning my tank my trachi closed up slightly and I noticed this weird thing underneath with an aptasia looking thing but clear and there was a funnel sort of thing under it. Really unsure as to what it is. I've had the trachi for about 4 months now but have only noticed this today

20211104_175829.jpg 20211104_214202.jpg 20211104_214301.jpg
 
It looks to me like an Aiptasia on top of a white sponge. The funnel appears to be part of the sponge.
Awe really? Should I use putty to kill it?
 
Awe really? Should I use putty to kill it?
There are different methods to get rid of a single Aiptasia. I cannot recommend one over the other due to limited experience and due to close proximity to a coral.

The sponge is unlikely to be any concern.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new