Aptasia

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on coral I have small bits of aptasia. How can I get rid of it? It's next to some expensive zoas and a expensive chunk of rainbow monti
F-Aiptasia or Kalkpaste! Cake those monsters up! Usea syringe and shoot it straight in their mouths.

Animated GIF

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many ways to get rid of aiptasia in spot treatments. You can inject them with a syringe, using lemon juice, or kalkwasser. Or you can use super glue gel and basically just paste it over them.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the food chuck on the end of the syringe! (Nice tactically assault @thatmanMIKEson)

Or get those Burghia nudibranches to eat them alive.

These things always show up next to the nicest or most delicate coral that you want to keep.

Emptyness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use peppermint shrimp but I heard they pick on corals to and are a**holes
I have mine for about 3 weeks now and it didn't picked any of my corals (zoas, duncans, acan), but I am still monitoring it closely and try to spot feed him with frozen food mix.

Yes, it runs over the corals sometimes, irritating them for a few moments, but nothing scary.

I always prefer "the natural way", but every way has it's ups and downs.

N3mo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a shrimp which ate the aiptasia then turned onto zoas and duncan.

Now I just kalk paste it, it will come back eventually but I try to keep under control. So when I see one I nuke it same time.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d just like to add, lemon juice and aiptaisa x will kill aiptaisa. But then in a week, you have dozens more. They release spores or something when being stressed. Best to get something to eat them. Peppermints work for me. Once they eat all the aiptaisa, I have a hawkfish for the shrimps ;)

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A word of caution. Killing Aiptasia with many of these products if not done correctly can lead to their spread. If possible, I recommend removing the coral from the tank into a small bucket. Apply your chosen approach (F-Aptasia, AIptasia-x, Kalk Paste, etc...). That way any baby AIptasia isn't released into your tank. Then if possible super glue over where the Aiptasia was.

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A word of caution. Killing Aiptasia with many of these products if not done correctly can lead to their spread. If possible, I recommend removing the coral from the tank into a small bucket. Apply your chosen approach (F-Aptasia, AIptasia-x, Kalk Paste, etc...). That way any baby AIptasia isn't released into your tank. Then if possible super glue over where the Aiptasia was.
I'll do that. Approach is going to be aptaisia x along with a hot melting pole

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll do that. Approach is going to be aptaisia x along with a hot melting pole
Aiptasia X will only spread them sadly. It’s best to leave them alone if you can’t take them out of the tank for treatment.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 67 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back