Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 2 pop up. Worked like a charm. Never came back.
It may work short term. Perhaps even long term. But it didn’t work for me. Babies popped up after. Happened in every tank I’ve kept. BRS explains it quite well at minutes 9:00 about killing it and spreading and 10:00 about Aiptasia X.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may work short term. Perhaps even long term. But it didn’t work for me. Babies popped up after. Happened in every tank I’ve kept. BRS explains it quite well at minutes 9:00 about killing it and spreading and 10:00 about Aiptasia X.

For me it’s worked for more than a year thus far so I’m happy with it

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to confirm. I'm going to take the infested coral out. I'm going to use aptasia x on them then inject them with boiling vinegar. Wouls that work?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to confirm. I'm going to take the infested coral out. I'm going to use aptasia x on them then inject them with boiling vinegar. Wouls that work?
If you can take out of the tank and then hit them there, that’s the best way to do it. Aiptaisa X would be enough. I’d also rinse the rock in saltwater or tank water out of the tank after to make sure the spores don’t hitchhike back in.

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I over killed them. This rock was the only with aptasia at least 18 and I just ended up covering them in aptasia x and then usimg my syringe to Jab it and spray boiling vinegar. Think it’s gone now. Would it be worth getting 1 peppermint shrimp for my tank? Are they reef safe

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I over killed them. This rock was the only with aptasia at least 18 and I just ended up covering them in aptasia x and then usimg my syringe to Jab it and spray boiling vinegar. Think it’s gone now. Would it be worth getting 1 peppermint shrimp for my tank? Are they reef safe
Not in my experience, got 4 started killing my snails and ignored all the aiptasia

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back