Aqua Illumination Primes

Pittsburgh88

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2017
Messages
63
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible to run 2 AI primes on a 75 gallon? No SPS. I can get a good deal on a pair and figured those even only having 2 would be a tremendous upgrade over what I currently have wich is 2 current marine orbits
 
2 primes would work good on a 75. I would get them. And you could still run your orbit for supplement
 
Would it be possible to run 2 AI primes on a 75 gallon? No SPS. I can get a good deal on a pair and figured those even only having 2 would be a tremendous upgrade over what I currently have wich is 2 current marine orbits


Personally I think you need three. I run two on my 54, and they work amazingly but I feel like any bigger and you would have dark spots.
 
With the price drop of the Prime HD's, it might be more beneficial to toss a total of 4 up there for better spread. The Prime HD only has a 18x18 coverage area and on a 75 the PAR numbers would be sub 50 on the sand bed with just two of them.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new