Aqua UV 57 watt plumbing question

sogdog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any reason I would not be able to use (or it would not be a good idea) flexible tubing to connect my sterilizer? My plan was to have a pump mounted to the wall of my display, with a flexible hose going to the sterilizer mounted in the cabinet, with the sterilizer return going to the return chamber in my sump. I would line to use flexible tubing so that I could remove the pump from the display during pictures or if guests are coming. Thoughts?

Last edited:

CrayHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I am getting my AquaUV 57W delivered tomorrow and I plan on using flexible vinyl tubing. I just need to figure out how to get it to mount horizontally over my sump. Thinking of using saddle clamps and hanging from bottom of stand.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any reason I would not be able to use (or it would not be a good idea) flexible tubing to connect my sterilizer? My plan was to have a pump mounted to the wall of my display, with a flexible hose going to the sterilizer mounted in the cabinet, with the sterilizer return going to the return chamber in my sump. I would line to use flexible tubing so that I could remove the pump from the display during pictures or if guests are coming. Thoughts?
I used flexible tube on mine.

CrayHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have my unit yet. What is the diameter of the middle of the UV? I see the thicker outside parts are 3 3/4”

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No reason not to use flexible plumbing but avoid nylon fittings. The UV light will degrade them in no time and this can cause a leak. Stick with PVC barbed inserts.

OP
OP
S

sogdog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the people who use this or a similar uv, what pump did you pair with it and how is it mounted in your display?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back