Aqua UV 57 watt plumbing question

  • Thread starter Thread starter sogdog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sogdog

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2022
Messages
113
Reaction score
63
Location
Orange County
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any reason I would not be able to use (or it would not be a good idea) flexible tubing to connect my sterilizer? My plan was to have a pump mounted to the wall of my display, with a flexible hose going to the sterilizer mounted in the cabinet, with the sterilizer return going to the return chamber in my sump. I would line to use flexible tubing so that I could remove the pump from the display during pictures or if guests are coming. Thoughts?
 
Last edited:
Following. I am getting my AquaUV 57W delivered tomorrow and I plan on using flexible vinyl tubing. I just need to figure out how to get it to mount horizontally over my sump. Thinking of using saddle clamps and hanging from bottom of stand.
 
Is there any reason I would not be able to use (or it would not be a good idea) flexible tubing to connect my sterilizer? My plan was to have a pump mounted to the wall of my display, with a flexible hose going to the sterilizer mounted in the cabinet, with the sterilizer return going to the return chamber in my sump. I would line to use flexible tubing so that I could remove the pump from the display during pictures or if guests are coming. Thoughts?
I used flexible tube on mine.
 
I don’t have my unit yet. What is the diameter of the middle of the UV? I see the thicker outside parts are 3 3/4”
 
No reason not to use flexible plumbing but avoid nylon fittings. The UV light will degrade them in no time and this can cause a leak. Stick with PVC barbed inserts.
 
For the people who use this or a similar uv, what pump did you pair with it and how is it mounted in your display?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new