OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, plans only go so far, they help us deal with the unexpected along the way. Nonetheless, when it comes to life (aquatic life in this case) it tends to forge its own path. I say do what feels right now despite past plans.

Agreed! [emoji4]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm..... I've had my finnex titanium heater and controller for over 2 years and no issues....

Glad you’ve had good luck. I’ve been burned by heaters a few times( no pun intended )in 20 years .

I toss mine in the trash after 1 year.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@120reefkeeper I guess I won the waterbox giveaway and I have a bunch of questions for you. Do you mind if I pm you so as to not clutter your thread? Or do you want me to ask them here?

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@120reefkeeper I guess I won the waterbox giveaway and I have a bunch of questions for you. Do you mind if I pm you so as to not clutter your thread? Or do you want me to ask them here?

Preferably Pm and Congratulations!!! That’s awesome!! Woot woot!!

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@120reefkeeper... great thread - found it a couple days ago and read the whole novel. Following along for when I get the time and space for my own tank. Thanks.

Well I’m glad you found it too!! Welcome aboard! :)

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mike hope all is well. build id going well? a little slow but we need some updates lol.
Questions: do you run your phos minus all day ? did you add any zeo mix in yet? Just received my zeo mix, I am ALL Aquaforest now.. Tank is looking great, seeing my corals encrust.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mike hope all is well. build id going well? a little slow but we need some updates lol.
Questions: do you run your phos minus all day ? did you add any zeo mix in yet? Just received my zeo mix, I am ALL Aquaforest now.. Tank is looking great, seeing my corals encrust.

All is going very well. I actually have started to accumulate some corals and they are in my QT tank as we speak. I run phos minus 24/7 . I have not added any Zeomix as of yet and will add some if needed in the future. That’s great to hear your tank is doing well and your corals are settling in!

Hopefully I’ll be posting up more updates soon. When the corals are ready to be added then. I’ll be posting some pictures for sure! [emoji6]

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I'm waiting for my 2 custom tanks (130 & 260 gallons) to arrive and looking for rock layouts. All I can say is awesome rock layout. I've always thought about using rocks to cover the back wall. The Stax rocks with the flat surfaces really works well. My larger tank will be 36" front to back. I was thinking of doing a partial rock coverage in a couple areas to make it look like other rock outcroppings in the distance to play with the depth of the tank. Waiting to see your coral selection and how they look attached to the rock face. Keep the pictures coming.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I'm waiting for my 2 custom tanks (130 & 260 gallons) to arrive and looking for rock layouts. All I can say is awesome rock layout. I've always thought about using rocks to cover the back wall. The Stax rocks with the flat surfaces really works well. My larger tank will be 36" front to back. I was thinking of doing a partial rock coverage in a couple areas to make it look like other rock outcroppings in the distance to play with the depth of the tank. Waiting to see your coral selection and how they look attached to the rock face. Keep the pictures coming.

I go into a little more depth about the Aquascape here: This is in the Aquascape forum. [emoji4]

Aquascape with STAX think dimensionally!
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...TAX-think-dimensionally!.394855/&share_type=t

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? What has become of this tank?

This tank is still in full swing! I had purchased a bunch of corals for it and had them in quarantine. When it came down to putting them in I decided to put them into a different tank. So as of now it still only has some fish and the rock work. When I get around to purchasing more corals then it will get filled up! Lol

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build. Love the scape. I would have never thought of doing something like that. Turned out wicked. I'm just starting up my 120 now and going to try and go aquaforest as well. I've always used bio s to cycle the tank and love it. That phosphate minus is some great stuff. Can't wait to see some coral in the tank.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build. Love the scape. I would have never thought of doing something like that. Turned out wicked. I'm just starting up my 120 now and going to try and go aquaforest as well. I've always used bio s to cycle the tank and love it. That phosphate minus is some great stuff. Can't wait to see some coral in the tank.

Thanks for the compliment! Aquaforest makes awesome products for sure! You can’t go wrong with anything they make! Oh and welcome aboard :)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliment! Aquaforest makes awesome products for sure! You can’t go wrong with anything they make! Oh and welcome aboard :)

How is the tank looking?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back