Aqualocker Closing?!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More likely the threat was made to the wholesaler. Otherwise, there would be no mention of finding an alternate supply and reopening.

In other words politics.

There are all sorts of arcane laws surrounding wholesale sales. I was in small business for 17 years a long time ago in another life. There all kinds of tax laws that apply differently depending on how an item is transferred between one company and another for specific purposes. Generally all that is required is the mention that a companies business will be changed from one classification to another.
That usually requires paying more taxes of even being forced to collect sales taxes.

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda sad to see for me......my first online order I ever made was through fishy business.........They had great prices and the fish I received were in EXCELLENT shape!!! In fact I would say much better shape than I typically see at any of my local shops.

Mark Dunlap

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn. Got a shipment yesterday 2/4 missing a $50 fish with no explanation. Thought it was weird no one was answering their phone or replying to emails. Guess I'll try a card charge back but i'll bet they emptied their accounts before shutting down. I did like their business concept of no frills fish for less.

Steve Fast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thought this was interesting too....

Learn more about how we started out with a different wholesaler
When we first started out selling online in 2017 we used another wholesaler, the same one LiveAquaria uses. We quickly got traction and sales took off. Unfortunately, for all of us the owners of LiveAquaria stepped in and ensured we were not able to buy any longer from that wholesaler. All outstanding orders were left unfilled and we were just cut off one morning with no notice. It took hours of calling to even find out what was going on.
We understood then that trying to offer lower prices for better livestock was something we, as buyers, all wanted but the larger established companies did not want to see happen. Fortunately, another wholesaler stepped in and helped us fill the outstanding orders and many of our customers stayed with us during this time.

awwinterfall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

To think how they would have taken my money, makes my blood boil.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LIke u had any other choice? just sayin'. :)
Well.for a while it kept saying out of stock and they wouldnt let you use the credit for anything but the same exact fish and size you previously ordered. So I got lucky when one showed up i jumped on it quickly

jfoster38122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep I got the email also
who will you guys use now
I liked their pricing and the fact that I could sometimes only have to spend 99 bux and get free shipping

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep I got the email also
who will you guys use now
I liked their pricing and the fact that I could sometimes only have to spend 99 bux and get free shipping

saltwaterfish uses the same wholesaler and has a lower free shipping threshold at $79. Reefs4less also uses the same wholesaler but is DOA only.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back