Aquarium Controller Cabinet, Product?

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, This can be done as the PVC is more or less like a softwood. It may take a little messing around but would make a 4 sided cabinet.

This material can be painted if you scuff it up a bit.

just saw this on IG from coralvue. Can the boards from BRS have these faceplate sections? I like the countersunk look and having the holes for the dosers too like this

79569563-CE30-4999-9384-FFB66178A828.jpeg 0B597FBA-5695-446B-8E9E-456F4F45A5D6.jpeg

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just saw this on IG from coralvue. Can the boards from BRS have these faceplate sections? I like the countersunk look and having the holes for the dosers too like this

79569563-CE30-4999-9384-FFB66178A828.jpeg 0B597FBA-5695-446B-8E9E-456F4F45A5D6.jpeg
Nope the Controller boards are only 3" +/- deep and are not compatible.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We still haven't made our official announcement to end-users (that will be on Monday), but we've opened these up for sale on our website for everybody who's been following @Elder1945's project from the beginning!

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official Adaptive Reef Controller Cabinet Announcement has been posted!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

smiley_riley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey long time lurker, first time poster. @Elder1945 and also @Jeff@CoralVue
Do you happen to have any practical working examples of these in use?
I have GHL products, including KH director and pre-order for ION Director and can't see how to mount everything.
Option 1 increases the distance between each 'Director' and its doser, which then means the distance between the doser and the reagents must be shortened, which is hopefully still fine It also uses up 2 faceplate space which could be used for other controllers then option 2 is how most people mount them now, stacked, and could be acheived if I was to cut into the single blank faceplate slot to create space for each 'director' unit to rest on its own doser. This frees up 2 complete faceplate spaces at the bottom, which may be required for reagent solution, or, could fit 3 Ecotech controlers. Option 3 is how I think my profilux, actual dosers and Ecotech controllers would be mounted.
As there is no custom faceplate for Doser Maxis, I assume we must hide these near our mixing stations. ;). Is there a plan to release a faceplate for the doser Maxi?

Are any of these layouts not feasible or is one more practical than the other?

Also, as calibration of the directors is required every 2-4 weeks, and dosing containers need to be refilled around the same time frame, does the magnetic face of the cabinet come off easily and allow for easy access to refill dosing container etc? Does the face of the cabinet sit steady and balance with a KH Director Set and Ion Director set and logical cable layout feeding into each dosing container. Noting that certain dosing tubes (KHD Reagent) have limitations on their length and you cannot necessarily coil excess tubing to allow the face place to be moved 2 feet away?

I'll happily throw, what will amount to around $1,500 at this, but would certainly need an indication that it will work in a practical sense.

Keen to place my order. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

1580292377190.png

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey long time lurker, first time poster. @Elder1945 and also @Jeff@CoralVue
Do you happen to have any practical working examples of these in use?
I have GHL products, including KH director and pre-order for ION Director and can't see how to mount everything.
Option 1 increases the distance between each 'Director' and its doser, which then means the distance between the doser and the reagents must be shortened, which is hopefully still fine It also uses up 2 faceplate space which could be used for other controllers then option 2 is how most people mount them now, stacked, and could be acheived if I was to cut into the single blank faceplate slot to create space for each 'director' unit to rest on its own doser. This frees up 2 complete faceplate spaces at the bottom, which may be required for reagent solution, or, could fit 3 Ecotech controlers. Option 3 is how I think my profilux, actual dosers and Ecotech controllers would be mounted.
As there is no custom faceplate for Doser Maxis, I assume we must hide these near our mixing stations. ;). Is there a plan to release a faceplate for the doser Maxi?

Are any of these layouts not feasible or is one more practical than the other?

Also, as calibration of the directors is required every 2-4 weeks, and dosing containers need to be refilled around the same time frame, does the magnetic face of the cabinet come off easily and allow for easy access to refill dosing container etc? Does the face of the cabinet sit steady and balance with a KH Director Set and Ion Director set and logical cable layout feeding into each dosing container. Noting that certain dosing tubes (KHD Reagent) have limitations on their length and you cannot necessarily coil excess tubing to allow the face place to be moved 2 feet away?

I'll happily throw, what will amount to around $1,500 at this, but would certainly need an indication that it will work in a practical sense.

Keen to place my order. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

1580292377190.png

I like option 3 as the KHD and ION have no real outside function. The GHL doser and EcoTech both have outside functions to no only see but to interact with. The KHD and ION can go inside the cabinet.

I do have a shelf that will go inside these cabinets but is not released yet. I am working through as many of the "add ons" as possible as I type this.

The faceplate does remove easy and is designed to be accessible as possible with the number of options we wanted to provide. That said however Cable management and length play a roll 100%. Taping in the Dosers and controller helps with this, I have used Velcro, D/S tape and even masking tape on the back of the unit so everything stays in place when I remove the face.

The double-stack option is something I looked at but its always a balance in demand and order Qty when I make things.

We have plans to do faceplates for a multitude of products including the MAXI, Ipads, Trident and so so so much more.

Also, keep in mind the unit can be customized with simple woodworking tools. The PVC can be screwed to quite easily and be modified even painted.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for @Elder1945 and @Jeff@CoralVue will we be able to buy the pieces we need without buying the entire kit first?

For example, I am running:
-Apex
-EB832 (would hide in cabinet)
-FMM (also hidden in cabinet)
- 2 x DOS
-Trident

So I don't really want the stock shipping arrangement. I would prefer to save some $ by just ordering the base and the faceplates I need rather than ordering them on top of the main package.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for @Elder1945 and @Jeff@CoralVue will we be able to buy the pieces we need without buying the entire kit first?

For example, I am running:
-Apex
-EB832 (would hide in cabinet)
-FMM (also hidden in cabinet)
- 2 x DOS
-Trident

So I don't really want the stock shipping arrangement. I would prefer to save some $ by just ordering the base and the faceplates I need rather than ordering them on top of the main package.

Although this seems like an easy idea to implement it would be almost impossible and actually add cost.

This would require a person to custom layout each on before they ship. This would require them to pack the new layout and so on. There would enviably be issues of sending someone the wrong layout aswell.

It is not a bad idea, to be honest, but wanted a product that you can use and customize right out of the box...

I hope this makes sense, The steps involved for A to a product that you buy all cost something and has to be weighed with pros and cons.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am messing around with the Trident now... This is one of the first ones we tried :)

82800545_601315747369707_1173317032985231360_o.jpg
So looking at this set up, it wouldn't be possible with one unit to have an Apex head, 2 DOS, and a Trident fit?

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looking at this set up, it wouldn't be possible with one unit to have an Apex head, 2 DOS, and a Trident fit?
One DOS can go inside, The cabinet is made to display and mount equipment but there is a whole inside to mess around with.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts on a clear cover to keep toddler hands away from buttons while displaying the gear?

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope the Controller boards are only 3" +/- deep and are not compatible.

coming back to this. Since my idea is a little different. The photo I posted with the brain and 2 ecotech controllers, can that countersunk section be purchased in black? I bought the boards from BRS but I’m not using them as designed. I’m using 2 and creating a corner with the 2 so there is plenty of depth behind them since they aren’t being mounted to a wall or cabinet.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back