OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Elder1945, any update on how we can order from Australia?
I put a little GIF together as I figured if Bonnie McMurray was asking, a few more people may take an interest. ;)

HAHAH,

This is something I am working on with all of the things I make. I am in discussions with a few of the people overseas to make this happen.

No promises but I am trying to work through it :).

Meldrath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once this settles out a bit I will be customizing a few and giving them away here :).

1. R2R themed one
2. Star Wars themed one

I want to do a few as they are quite fun to work with and customize.

Star Wars went down the pooper with the last two movies. Should do Stargate instead :p

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Star Wars went down the pooper with the last two movies. Should do Stargate instead :p

Stop giving me amazing ideas.... SG1 was trash the movie was great :) Atlantis was not that bad but as Canadian,i think i was forced to like it..

Meldrath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop giving me amazing ideas.... SG1 was trash the movie was great :) Atlantis was not that bad but as Canadian,i think i was forced to like it..

The egyptian mythos is what gets me everytime. Movie or tv show. The costuming and soundtrack were A+ in the movie and are why I fell in love with it. ! I literally grew up on the movie and down the road SG-1. Just got finished watching 17 seasons - sg1/atlantis/sgu (on the final two episodes of sgu).

Image result for stargate horus guard

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Elder1945. Don't forget, selling direct to consumer means you get the margin. Don't worry, I won't tell CoralVue ;)
Also for @Elder1945 and @Jeff@CoralVue, not sure if there is a post somewhere that might show the rear / internals of the cabinet once set up. Would love to understand if GHL powerbars and all power adapters fit in? Is there room for dosing containers?

We've got still photos up on the website, but we're going to make a video which should give you a better idea of the type of space you are dealing with.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The movie was awesome! I refuse to acknowledge the existence of any TV shows that tried to ride its coattails. :D

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

can you explain the custom faceplates more?

so basically I have an Apex, 2 eb832’s and a couple modules. Also have two controllers for mp40wqd pumps and probably have a couple other modules. My idea of a custom faceplate is that it’s designed to handle mounting of my equipment in particular.

i see coralvue has it listed for $400 and then has faceplates for different dosers. So I’m thinking my idea of a custom faceplate is wrong. And maybe what I’m looking for with it is a solid panel that I mount equipment to where I want and cut out the wire holes as needed.

is there a front door to hide everything like a regular cabinet door? On their site looks like the “door” has a bunch of oval/rectangular cutouts.

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. @Elder1945 ?

also I see BRS has these by you in black which I’d prefer. Curious about using two and connect them in a 90* with a square top and bottom as kind of a cabinet look to put on the side of my tank cabinet. I think I’ll need two for my equipment. Is that something that can be done?

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. @Elder1945 ?

also I see BRS has these by you in black which I’d prefer. Curious about using two and connect them in a 90* with a square top and bottom as kind of a cabinet look to put on the side of my tank cabinet. I think I’ll need two for my equipment. Is that something that can be done?

These are made from 1/2" PVC that is more or less like a softer wood. So yes you can build off them if you would like... However, am not picturing what you want to be honest...

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how far along you are in proto-typing / testing but thought I'd make a suggestion on this product.

One of the challenges of using automated water testing hardware like GHL's KH Director and soon to come ION Director is the fact that the reagent / reference solution tubes need to be as short as possible and configured in a way to prevent air bubbles. So finding a way to incorporate a KHD or IOND into your controller cabinet while having reagent / reference solutions right underneath then would be ideal. Maybe being able to have a row with two Doser 2.1s, and underneath them, have a KHD on one side with the IOND on the other, then underneath it all, a nice space for dosing containers both 2-part, reagents, reference solutions, etc.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We announced Kyle's controller cabinets to our retail partners yesterday.

We'll be sending an announcement email to end-users/hobbyists on Monday. Here is the link to sign up for our newsletter if you want to be notified!

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are made from 1/2" PVC that is more or less like a softer wood. So yes you can build off them if you would like... However, am not picturing what you want to be honest...

hmm, ok, take 4 of what BRS sells and make a box out of them so all 4 side of the box you can mount equipment to if it was all accessible. Now take 2 of those sides away. You are left with 2 that makes a corner of the box and 2 sides. Then there is a square top and bottom made that the sides are secured to. One of the open sides butts up to the side of the cabinet and other open side, call it the back now butts up to the wall.

basucally taking your cabinet with coralvue and removing the back and one side and then instead of having just the front to mount equipment to, you duplicate that front to the side.

make more sense? For me right now it accomplishes two things. More mountable surface and it’s black. My cabinet is dark. Picture shows where is place it.

1266F17D-45AC-4DE0-B9CC-96224E136BF3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm, ok, take 4 of what BRS sells and make a box out of them so all 4 side of the box you can mount equipment to if it was all accessible. Now take 2 of those sides away. You are left with 2 that makes a corner of the box and 2 sides. Then there is a square top and bottom made that the sides are secured to. One of the open sides butts up to the side of the cabinet and other open side, call it the back now butts up to the wall.

basucally taking your cabinet with coralvue and removing the back and one side and then instead of having just the front to mount equipment to, you duplicate that front to the side.

make more sense? For me right now it accomplishes two things. More mountable surface and it’s black. My cabinet is dark. Picture shows where is place it.

1266F17D-45AC-4DE0-B9CC-96224E136BF3.jpeg

Yes, This can be done as the PVC is more or less like a softwood. It may take a little messing around but would make a 4 sided cabinet.

This material can be painted if you scuff it up a bit.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elder1945 - WOW, really like these Adaptive Reef Cabinets and might even have to buy one vs these Marine depot ones that I have bought last year! I'm still in the process of setting up my SCA Rimless 150 system w/ a Synergy CL44 sump and their Synergy 20'' External overflow box. It should have already been plumbed & up and running but I had a big family emergency that came up which has set me back quite a bit! Anyways, I bought these from Marine Depot a while back but I am thinking I am going to need more room since I have added the Neptune COR20 return pump and a few other things.

2 Controller Panels.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back