Aquarium Lighting

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With the addition of @Dana Riddle to the community we have created a new lighting specific forum. We still have the LED Lighting specific forum and will keep that as is for now. General lighting threads usually have been created in the general equipment forum but now will have it's on forum. We will begin to move lighting threads to this new forum.

Please post all lighting specific topics accordingly!

K100286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good news. I hope he can clear all misconceptions about people thinking they have to buy the led lights that have the highest par reading to get coral growth.

pga7602

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When does Dana start? I've been looking through the boards and have not seen him post. Or am I just looking for the wrong screename?

Dennco2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This should shed some new light on the.....
okay somebody was thinking it, I just posted it first lol... TGIF

Hugo Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, I'm new here to the forum and would like to ask a few tips for my new 20 gallon tank

I'd like to add a clip on LED light but I'm not sure which one I should get. I'm trying to stay on budget, so I'm looking for something not very expensive.
I'm planing to have just 2 clownfish and a clean crew for now. No corals yet.

I was looking at this light on Amazon: Hipargero Touch Control 30w CREE Nano LED Aquarium Light for Coral Reef Fish Tank Saltwater https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0727V8C5Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_B4IKzbZTDDE16

I'm not sure if this is a good one, so please let know what lights you would recommend

This is how he tank looks now:

IMG_7704.JPG

Thanks a lot,

Hugo Garcia

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

newreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have several maxspect razors r420r 160 watt that I would like to have the factory upgrade. Anyone know if they are still offering this service and how to get in contact with them

myaniz24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Fairly new reefer here. Just got the hydra 52 and would like to have some ideas of how and what intensity I should set them at. I figure sunrise at 1pm sunset 9pm with an3 hour ramp. Whites at 25%? All other colors I am somewhat clueless. Can fellow Aquaillumination guys and gals chime in? Thanks in advance

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just acquired a 30 gallon bow front tank where they stand and a T5 fixture for free! I'm very excited to say the least. It appears that the T5 fixture is very well built with a heavy duty aluminum housing with a glass cover to protect the bulbs.

As far as replacing the bulbs I was considering two times daylight, 1 blue Plus and one actinic. Does this sound like a reasonable approach?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 bulbs? 2 daylight bulbs might grow algae.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 42 71.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back