Aquarium room paint

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Main concern: painting walls behind the tank but not the whole room and transitioning the paint in a logical manner.

Backstory:Hi, been inactive a long time basically life happened and the hobby took its own direction, didn't have time to post. Anyway I've moved from a 4k Sq house to a 1k Sq house and I'm forced to drop down to a single tank. Anyway the only place for it is in the dining room but I want it to look like it has its own space. I want to paint the corner its going into matte black but obviously don't want my whole dining room so dark. One edge is am easy transition at a door frame but the other transition will be on a "blank" wall. Looking for some kind of border or separation art design suggestions

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're feeling spunky, build a mini half wall next to it to fully separate the room.
Love to see the finished product when you get everything painted! Please keep us updated with photos!

OP
OP
Tlledsmar

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're feeling spunky, build a mini half wall next to it to fully separate the room.
Love to see the finished product when you get everything painted! Please keep us updated with photos!
Absolutely! I have so much to do with this place, it's a real fixer upper. But my fishes gotta get out of the cellar sooner than later !

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Main concern: painting walls behind the tank but not the whole room and transitioning the paint in a logical manner.

Backstory:Hi, been inactive a long time basically life happened and the hobby took its own direction, didn't have time to post. Anyway I've moved from a 4k Sq house to a 1k Sq house and I'm forced to drop down to a single tank. Anyway the only place for it is in the dining room but I want it to look like it has its own space. I want to paint the corner its going into matte black but obviously don't want my whole dining room so dark. One edge is am easy transition at a door frame but the other transition will be on a "blank" wall. Looking for some kind of border or separation art design suggestions
Cover with blanket then tarp as a barrier and from fumes and open windows or ventilate with fan as an exhaust pulling fumes out of the room

mikey1958

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
Tlledsmar

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snapchat-1530623494.jpg

Oh boy! Now that I've framed up the stand, I may simply paint the room black all the way over to the window. I didn't realize how much it would dominate the room... I kinda like it

DC_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An entire matte black dining room with the fish tank and blue LEDs would be pretty sick. Would love to see a picture of that (and the wife who is ok with it).

mikey1958

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black rooms are great use a flat or matte finish....one thing though...black will show every little imperfection esp in the sheetrock

OP
OP
Tlledsmar

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An entire matte black dining room with the fish tank and blue LEDs would be pretty sick. Would love to see a picture of that (and the wife who is ok with it).
I can show you an ex wife and a string of ex girlfriends

OP
OP
Tlledsmar

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I opted to not go to the window and instead only came out a little past the tank. The pink color is going to be painted over anyway and my thought is to paint the room a grey and then the transition a series of stripes alternating black and grey. Might look good Might look bad. Now I've got to paint that overflow black and clean that darn tank! It's gotten quite filthy.

Attachments

• 20230121_105909.jpg
    20230121_105909.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 30

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back