Aquarium sealing

Puffer Lover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran out of silicone when sealing my tank yesterday. Is it okay to continue sealing today with more silicone?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I personally would strip that seam and restart it. meet halfway could leave a minute hole causing seepage/leak

Last edited:

Zar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would strip that seam and restart it. meet halfway could leave a minute hole causing seepage/leak
Puffer, it is better to be safe then be sorry later. I learned it the hard way. I did something similar to this and thought it would be ok and come to find out two months later and tank full with water and rocks it spung a leak where I assume it would be good, flooded the whole basement. So take my experience and don't make the same mistake. Spending a few dollar to fix something now is better than spending several hundreds to thousands later.

OP
OP
P

Puffer Lover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply guys...I just took out where I stopped the seam halfway from the front bottom. I didn’t like the way it came out along one of the sides so I took that out too and started two new beads . I filled the tank and it didn’t leak anything for over a week to test it. I was about to set it up with fish tomorrow. Thoughts?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 68 76.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back