Aquarium Tool that needs to be invented?

VegasRick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vortex XL Diatom Filter Amazon.com: Vortex XL Diatom Filter - 8 in. x 15 in.: Kitchen & Dining

This is a great little filter. Stronger than the magnum and you can get an attachment or modify a gravel filter attachement so you arent sucking up your snails and crabs. Can wire tie a toothbrush on the hose for scrubbing rocks and will siphon out the sump with ease. Used by maintenace professionals. The main issue I had with them is where the hose attaches to the pump. They tend to leak here and have a tendancy to break or get worn through from hose clamps after a few years. Easiest remedy is to keep it in a 5 gallong bucket. Also the bottom is glass and easily breakable

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made dozens of these feeders. They are about $8.00 to build, but you have to buy the rubber bulbs by the case.
feeders001.jpg

I am also an inventer and I invented the Majano Wand and have a patent pending on it. I also built a live blackworm keper, a brine shrimp hatchery that seperates the shells, and a chiller that I can make for under $100.00. (I also patented a seahorse feeder)
As for myself, I would like to see a Supermodel that wants to maintain my tank. While I watch.

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want something that automatically scrapes your glass.

Yes. like a Supermodel with an ice scraper. She may scratch the glass, but who cares?

Back