Aquarium Tool that needs to be invented?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1mbrews8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Vortex XL Diatom Filter Amazon.com: Vortex XL Diatom Filter - 8 in. x 15 in.: Kitchen & Dining

This is a great little filter. Stronger than the magnum and you can get an attachment or modify a gravel filter attachement so you arent sucking up your snails and crabs. Can wire tie a toothbrush on the hose for scrubbing rocks and will siphon out the sump with ease. Used by maintenace professionals. The main issue I had with them is where the hose attaches to the pump. They tend to leak here and have a tendancy to break or get worn through from hose clamps after a few years. Easiest remedy is to keep it in a 5 gallong bucket. Also the bottom is glass and easily breakable
 
I made dozens of these feeders. They are about $8.00 to build, but you have to buy the rubber bulbs by the case.
feeders001.jpg


I am also an inventer and I invented the Majano Wand and have a patent pending on it. I also built a live blackworm keper, a brine shrimp hatchery that seperates the shells, and a chiller that I can make for under $100.00. (I also patented a seahorse feeder)
As for myself, I would like to see a Supermodel that wants to maintain my tank. While I watch.
 
I want something that automatically scrapes your glass.

Yes. like a Supermodel with an ice scraper. She may scratch the glass, but who cares?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new