AQUATEC AUTO FLUSH FLOW RESTRICTOR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

d5332

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

For 2 150 GPD membranes which auto flush restrictor size should I purchase from you?
Been to your site and I am confused by the information on the site...
  • 800 restrictor auto flush?
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aquatec-auto-flush-flow-restrictor.html
  • Unable to add an auto flush restrictor because I must use/update to capillary only?
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reverse-osmosis-flow-restrictor.html

I recently added your two DI resin canisters and completely overhauled the original filter that I also purchased from you.
The new filter is: Booster pump, auto shutoff, 2 x 150 GPD membranes, 2 DI canisters, 1 single waste water line.

OP
OP
D

d5332

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ebfe54c5a071ce7a2b3ad6432cb14204.jpg

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! For 150gpd membranes, you'll want to go with the 800mL flow restrictor/flush kits. I would be mindful that with that much water production, you'll want to keep an eye on operating pressure as line pressure and booster pumps can have a harder time keeping up. Also, watch your carbon blocks for chlorine break-through for the same reason. Carbon blocks typically lose efficacy the longer they are run, and the faster they have water going through them, the less contact time the carbon gets with your water. For long production cycles, this can get pretty taxing on the carbon.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
D

d5332

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I think it does. I will buy https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aquatec-auto-flush-flow-restrictor.html

Noted on the carbon blocks, I switched to your more expensive blocks a while back.
I may add a 3rd pressure gauge at the output of the DI canisters.

Thanks

Hey! For 150gpd membranes, you'll want to go with the 800mL flow restrictor/flush kits. I would be mindful that with that much water production, you'll want to keep an eye on operating pressure as line pressure and booster pumps can have a harder time keeping up. Also, watch your carbon blocks for chlorine break-through for the same reason. Carbon blocks typically lose efficacy the longer they are run, and the faster they have water going through them, the less contact time the carbon gets with your water. For long production cycles, this can get pretty taxing on the carbon.

Hope this helps!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back