Are all Blondes Female?

PlanB

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2016
Messages
165
Reaction score
170
Location
Jacksonville - FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess because I am a guy, that I want to believe my blonde tang is a female. However, I realize I may be making jerk of myself by assuming that that is the case - I mean she/he is such a beautiful creature. Can anyone fill me in on the intricacies of sex identification of our beloved fish?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I deserve that. For the record, It's PlanB skateboards. Not the pill.

And I realize how strange my OP sounds, but seriously, how does one ascertain the sex of ones fish? Is it possible?
 
Just because I was curious about this, an exhaustive Google and Reef2Reef search (okay - 30 seconds worth) says that the only way to tell (on Naso Tangs, and Blonde Naso tangs) is when the fish are mature and large enough to develop streamers on the tail. Males develop streamers, females do not...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new