Are Ecotech Versa pumps discontinued?

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to buy these pumps for almost a year now. Can’t find any in stock. Has Ecotech given up on them? Unfortunately I can’t find an equivalent. DOS won’t work since I don’t have an Apex.

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read that they changed factories which caused a delay but are certainly not discontinued. I have no clue if that is accurate, but it seems plausible since they easily sell a ton at a high price.

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked for months and months. Signed up for every in stock notification at every Reefing online store I could think of. Finally snagged a pair from marine depot a few months back. I got lucky. They were gone quick and I’ve had zero luck finding any more in stock anywhere. Im not sure if they’re focusing on different products. Or if there’s a shortage of parts. No clue. I know the demand is definitely there. You can find the base station in stock sometimes. But the pumps themselves are nowhere. Even the pump and base station combo has been out of stock. For a very long time. Like I said. I got really lucky. But now, im
Like. What If one of my pumps goes bad. Then I’m SOL. No replacements to be had. Premium Aquatics seems to have the most replacement parts.

OP
OP
Sordfish

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read that they changed factories which caused a delay but are certainly not discontinued. I have no clue if that is accurate, but it seems plausible since they easily sell a ton at a high price.
Thanks. I agree with you they'd sell a ton, if you could find it. Given that no company likes to leave profits behind, it looks like they are having a ton of problems manufacturing these. Too bad.

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took me over a year to find three of them. And that was two years ago. Signed up for every in stock notification on every vendors site I could find. So I have the base station and 3 Versas still in the boxes unopened and uninstalled. My take on it is this. What good is having a doser that can’t be replaced if one goes bad? I’m strongly considering selling these and going with another doser that’s in stock most the time. I’ve been told by numerous vendors that they’ll be in stock soon. Was wanting to get a fourth one to complete the base station. They still can’t be found anywhere. At least I’ve had no luck every time I’ve looked. I figured they just quite producing very many. May as well be discontinued IMO.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back