Are EEl"s safe?

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I always like eels but as you may know already I have a few good fishes and corals and invertebrates as well, I been asking about the eels if there's any one that may be reef safe and fish safe.
What you think? I would love to obtain one, show your pictures as well so that we get to know the species in this hobby......
Someone told me that the zebra's are the ones that are safe for reef and does not eat live fishes except shimp ....

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to look at pebble tooth eels .

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zebras snowflakes golden dwarfs garden eels deep sandbed tanks only are mostly safe

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exceptions of some inverts and crustaciens that can fit in their mouths

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zebra eels are quite docile. Melatremus eels stay small. Garden eels are plankton eaters that do best with docile tankmates.

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhmmm I hear that the snowflake tends to be snappy into some small fishes and anything that will fit on it's mouth....
Large snowflakes may but theyre rather mello fish larger fish he wont mess with small frys like gobies blennys some small wrasses and dwarf angels might not be compatible but also be mindful most eels reach 3-4 feet minimum so a large tank is needed with lots of rock work for hidding and a tight fitted lid preferebly weighted down eels are known jumpers.... dwarf goldens reach 10-12 inches and are great aquarium additions... garden eels stay small aswell maxing out around 2 feet but you need a deep sand bed so taller tank is better for them... all in all it really depends on your current livestock and tank size [emoji16]

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s Wrinkles, my Dwarf Golden Moray.

7DB415A1-6B79-4613-9EFC-03BAE88193DC.jpeg

E61B572E-535B-4D95-88A6-0A04CBAB8C2D.jpeg

OP
OP
Marie7

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zebra eels are quite docile. Melatremus eels stay small. Garden eels are plankton eaters that do best with docile tankmates.[/QU
I'm going to dig more into it.. .. how safe can they be, their diets and behavior, I love my corals, fishes, and
No.... nudibranches snails sea slugs cucumbers urchins octos thats sorta inverts
Oh ok understand... I don't have none of those on my 92 gall tank I do have those on the nano

OP
OP
Marie7

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Large snowflakes may but theyre rather mello fish larger fish he wont mess with small frys like gobies blennys some small wrasses and dwarf angels might not be compatible but also be mindful most eels reach 3-4 feet minimum so a large tank is needed with lots of rock work for hidding and a tight fitted lid preferebly weighted down eels are known jumpers.... dwarf goldens reach 10-12 inches and are great aquarium additions... garden eels stay small aswell maxing out around 2 feet but you need a deep sand bed so taller tank is better for them... all in all it really depends on your current livestock and tank size [emoji16]
I saw a zebra few days ago and it was beautiful but that thing was huge I may said that easily has about 18 inches long and fat I mean fat, it surprise me see that size, I use to have a snowflake eel and somehow while the lights was off at night got out of the tank, I use to cover the top with those plastic square light things and assume escape from the openings of the light cover. Will continue to research more on which one will be a best fit for my tank. Thanks

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snowflakes are mostly nocturnal you can have a zebras get about 4 feet full grown and as round as a foldgers coffee can

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back