Are EEl"s safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marie7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Marie7

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2017
Messages
581
Reaction score
322
Location
Tampa, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I always like eels but as you may know already I have a few good fishes and corals and invertebrates as well, I been asking about the eels if there's any one that may be reef safe and fish safe.
What you think? I would love to obtain one, show your pictures as well so that we get to know the species in this hobby......
Someone told me that the zebra's are the ones that are safe for reef and does not eat live fishes except shimp ....
 
You want to look at pebble tooth eels .
 
Zebras snowflakes golden dwarfs garden eels deep sandbed tanks only are mostly safe
 
Exceptions of some inverts and crustaciens that can fit in their mouths
 
Zebra eels are quite docile. Melatremus eels stay small. Garden eels are plankton eaters that do best with docile tankmates.
 
Zebras snowflakes golden dwarfs garden eels deep sandbed tanks only are mostly safe
Uhmmm I hear that the snowflake tends to be snappy into some small fishes and anything that will fit on it's mouth....
 
Uhmmm I hear that the snowflake tends to be snappy into some small fishes and anything that will fit on it's mouth....
Large snowflakes may but theyre rather mello fish larger fish he wont mess with small frys like gobies blennys some small wrasses and dwarf angels might not be compatible but also be mindful most eels reach 3-4 feet minimum so a large tank is needed with lots of rock work for hidding and a tight fitted lid preferebly weighted down eels are known jumpers.... dwarf goldens reach 10-12 inches and are great aquarium additions... garden eels stay small aswell maxing out around 2 feet but you need a deep sand bed so taller tank is better for them... all in all it really depends on your current livestock and tank size [emoji16]
 
Here’s Wrinkles, my Dwarf Golden Moray.

7DB415A1-6B79-4613-9EFC-03BAE88193DC.jpeg


E61B572E-535B-4D95-88A6-0A04CBAB8C2D.jpeg
 
Nice looking eel
 
Zebra eels are quite docile. Melatremus eels stay small. Garden eels are plankton eaters that do best with docile tankmates.[/QU
I'm going to dig more into it.. .. how safe can they be, their diets and behavior, I love my corals, fishes, and
No.... nudibranches snails sea slugs cucumbers urchins octos thats sorta inverts
Oh ok understand... I don't have none of those on my 92 gall tank I do have those on the nano
 
Large snowflakes may but theyre rather mello fish larger fish he wont mess with small frys like gobies blennys some small wrasses and dwarf angels might not be compatible but also be mindful most eels reach 3-4 feet minimum so a large tank is needed with lots of rock work for hidding and a tight fitted lid preferebly weighted down eels are known jumpers.... dwarf goldens reach 10-12 inches and are great aquarium additions... garden eels stay small aswell maxing out around 2 feet but you need a deep sand bed so taller tank is better for them... all in all it really depends on your current livestock and tank size [emoji16]
I saw a zebra few days ago and it was beautiful but that thing was huge I may said that easily has about 18 inches long and fat I mean fat, it surprise me see that size, I use to have a snowflake eel and somehow while the lights was off at night got out of the tank, I use to cover the top with those plastic square light things and assume escape from the openings of the light cover. Will continue to research more on which one will be a best fit for my tank. Thanks
 
Snowflakes are mostly nocturnal you can have a zebras get about 4 feet full grown and as round as a foldgers coffee can
 
Snowflakes are mostly nocturnal you can have a zebras get about 4 feet full grown and as round as a foldgers coffee can
really? I haven't search lot info on eels but something like that will end up with the tank...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new