Are gyre's interchangeable?

scobeyra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the old school Gyre xf 150 and looking to upgrade with my larger tank. I run the gyre through the icecap module into the apex. Question is, can I buy the xf 250 pump only and plug it into my current power supply / apex or do I need the full controller package?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think you would be able to. I have some 150's and they work with the 250's and the new controller. So if they are compatible in one direction, I can only assume they are in the other direction as well.

Giving this a bump to see if we can get you a definitive answer.

OP
OP
scobeyra

scobeyra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. So I've got them installed in the tank and having problems. I have one 130 and one 150. I'm running 2 icecap modules through a vdm module for the apex. Somehow I can only get one working at a time. Whenever I plug the y cable into the 2nd icecap module, it flashes red on the module.
Tried running through a 2nd vdm module, no luck. Wondering if it's because they're not the same model gyre?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait for Coralvue, or someone else to confirm, but I'm guessing it's due to them being different "families" of gyres. What I did discover is the 130's didn't work with the 250's but the 150's did.

OP
OP
scobeyra

scobeyra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait for Coralvue, or someone else to confirm, but I'm guessing it's due to them being different "families" of gyres. What I did discover is the 130's didn't work with the 250's but the 150's did.

Yeah I'm hoping thats not the case, but have a feeling it is.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back