Are these Aptasia?

PaulE61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All
Was doing maintenance, (50ltr nano all in one) pulled out filter and found this big one attached to it, I know what regular aptasia look like as I'm dealing with an invasion.
These are different.... they are in a low/no light area and very transparent and have a much thicker trunk (if that's what it's called)..... any ideas?, I don't want to kill them if they're something cool.
Cheers Paul
a.jpg
d.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All
Was doing maintenance, (50ltr nano all in one) pulled out filter and found this big one attached to it, I know what regular aptasia look like as I'm dealing with an invasion.
These are different.... they are in a low/no light area and very transparent and have a much thicker trunk (if that's what it's called)..... any ideas?, I don't want to kill them if they're something cool.
Cheers Paul
a.jpg
d.jpg
They are a type of aiptasia, just cant remember the exact species of them.

@Aiptaisia anemone can you assist with this?

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All
Cheers Paul
a.jpg
d.jpg
Mine look different. But it is still aiptasia

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All
Cheers Paul
a.jpg
d.jpg
Did you order Real Gulf Live Rock?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

bradleym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is welcome to come to the meetings lol.

@gig 'em @OrionN @F i s h y @Nemguy123 are all members. We have issues with nems and having too many, as the people who tell us we have a problem say.
I'm there! I just started a 32g for all the extra nems I want but can't find room for in my main display. My first addition is a H. Malu I saw at the store today. Those don't come around too often so I had to go for it.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can never have too many of those. I have rocks in the sump and especially the overflow box with lots of those. I exchange them out to similar rocks in the DT. My CBB just lone to snack on them. They will be gone in a few days in my DT

I am the best member of AA, and the oldest member. 60 years young. I can’t stop buying Magnifica and Gigantea if I see them at Petco and not too far gone. So much that the saltwater manager has my phone to text me they arrive.
it is good for my pocket that the Petco, or other LFS here in Corpus Christ rarely get Magnifica and Gigantea

Aiptaisia anemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptaisia mutabilis, a green morph how rare, i want it. Do you ship? I want to buy one. Namw your price.
edit: actually upon doing more research about neon green variation it’s actual species seems to be aiptaisia targetes though kinda confusing since its tentacles looks more like mutabilis which are known for their stubby tentacle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PaulE61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptaisia mutabilis, a green morph how rare, i want it. Do you ship? I want to buy one. Namw your price.
edit: actually upon doing more research about neon green variation it’s actual species seems to be aiptaisia targetes though kinda confusing since its tentacles looks more like mutabilis which are known for their stubby tentacle.
Don't think it would survive the journey pal, I'm in Manchester, England :(

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back