Are those flatworms on my favia?

Ghrommi

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2020
Messages
26
Reaction score
20
Location
Germany
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a dozen or so of what seems to be flatworms on my favia.
There don't seem to bother the coral at all. In opposite, it looks very healthy. And considering the number of them, it is not a recent development.
I am not sure where they came from.
What should I do about them? Dip the coral few times? If there are so many of them already, does it mean they are everywhere in the tank? I cannot find any, but they are small.
DSC_8146_cr.jpg
DSC_8143_cr.jpg

DSC_8141_cr.jpg
 
Thanks for the replies.
I will do a dip for now, and if that does not help, look into peroxide and flatworm exit.
 
They are flatworms, but they are quite pretty compared to the plain reddish brown ones. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new